Canned Jalapenos

BaltRochGirl

Registered
I haven't found any in the supermarkets or specialty shops lately. Has anyone seen any in a shop in the past week? Gracias!!!!

Try MercadoLibre. I did and found a good place in Caballito (calle Hidalgo 45 if I remember correctly).
I guess you mean Vizzentino on José María Moreno and Hidalgo, both in Caballito.
http://www.vizzentino.com.ar/

Thanks I'll check them out, I never associate online purchases with food so I hadn't scoured MercadoLibre.

I wish I could find canned water chestnuts. I've never seen them in barrio chino.

SUGGESTION:

1) Buy fresh jalapeños
2) Clean an empty jar (of jam or whatever)
3) Slice jalapeños (or not)
4) Put jalapeños in clean jar
5) Fill jar to the top with white vinegar
6) Place jar in the refrigerator*

*Optional

I did this several times in Argentina. It is MUCH cheaper and it's much easier to find.

I live a few blocks from there.
They're a gourmet food shop and sell canned frijoles and specialty items.

Thanks! I've been looking for beans too but jalapenos are a higher priority! I've never seen water chestnuts but I've never been looking.

SUGGESTION:

1) Buy fresh jalapeños
2) Clean an empty jar (of jam or whatever)
3) Slice jalapeños (or not)
4) Put jalapeños in clean jar
5) Fill jar to the top with white vinegar
6) Place jar in the refrigerator*

*Optional

I did this several times in Argentina. It is MUCH cheaper and it's much easier to find.

I bought "fresh jalapenos" before and was very disappointed to have non spicy green peppers, so haven't really been keen to do that again.

Yeah I've not been impressed with any jalapeños I've bought here. Although I don't particularly like mushy jalapeños in the can, they are much better than flavorless mini green peppers I've found here, when making a spicy sauce or a "salsa".

Pick Market should have cans of jalapeños too, BTW. The one down the street from me at Libertad & Arenales does.

I bought "fresh jalapenos" before and was very disappointed to have non spicy green peppers, so haven't really been keen to do that again.

Some are hot. Also, ask little old Bolivian ladies where they get there peppers. Or buy them from them. Also, I've tended to be satisfied with the ones I've found at Carrefour, but maybe they're not hot enough for everyone.

There are hot peppers that are even smaller than are like habanero hot. Those aren't pleasant like jalapeños.

They are out there and they are about 1/4 of the price of canned ones. Maybe even cheaper.

Back