Car hire

glasgowjohn

Registered
Car hire in Argentina is absurdly expensive.

Anyone got any tips about the whereabouts of small companies doing good deals?

I had a good XP with urban-rentacar.com 7 months ago.
Paid 1000 pesos for 4 days (unlimited mileage), for a small Chevy with a 1.6 liter engine (better discard any 1.3 liter engine if you intend to drive in the province = far too dangerous to pass other cars with a small engine).

When I gave back the car, I asked them if I could rent a car on a monthly basis, renting one towards the end of its lifecycle and they actually had one, a Ford Ka from 2007 with the AC not functioning and a few issues. I negociated a deal of about 2500/3000 pesos per month but didn't follow-up finally.

As of now, best deals you can find run around 250 pesos per day (or a bit less with a limited daily mileage).

I rented through Guido Guidi this weekend past.

Brand spanking new Fiat Palio 4-door hatchback
Friday afternoon to Monday midday (3 days), 800km limit.

452 pesos

No complaints from me.

what about rental 3rd party insurance. How much it costs here

Localiza Rent a Car has discounts for Club la nacion members and is fairly reasonably priced

You mean long term lease like in US?

If you know anything about the possibility of leasing for 1 or 2 months I would appreciate hearing. I need a car in mid Dec for a month or 2.
Thanks

I'm renting a car and driving down to Bariloche later in the week. I've been checking out the recommendations on this thread. [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] [/background]Guido Guidi[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] seems to have good prices and cars. I'm leaning towards renting a Volkswagen Voyage, but questioning if I should pay up for a Volkswagen Bora. I haven't driven much on the roads here outside of the city so I'm not sure if the Voyage will be safe or ideal for such a long trip. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks![/background]

I drove to (and all around) Bariloche through Santa Rosa and on Routa 40 last year in a rented VW Gol. Roads were all excellent, even the dirt ones. Well maintained, and you can drive fast :=)

Tom

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Expat Life 0
Dublin2BuenosAires Expat Life 18
E Travellers Stories 0
D Expat Life 7
J Expat Life 3
Back