Car Rental/Hire

desmond

Registered
can anyone recommend where best to rent a car for a month. Coming over to BA to visit family - travel twice a year to BA and just been using airport hire - auto-europe etc

thanks

des

My best XP is with Dietrich Car Rental in Honduras street in Palermo, have great weekend rates 3 days for 2 weekends, and 600 kmts included. Have also locations in Ezeiza and Aeroparque.

http://www.localizadietrich.com/

We looked into renting a car a couple of weeks ago and found the rates to be absolutely extortionate. The thing that shocked us the most was the insurance liability. One of the major companies (I think it was Hertz) wanted to charge us over 2,000 pesos for two days and a night (for limited mileage) and puts a hold on between 16,000 and 20,000 pesos on your credit card until the car is returned in excellent condition. If you find a good deal, I'd be wary about checking your liability. In the end I just wasn't comfortable with it all, especially given the driving/roads here...

The above also offers discounts for club la nacion. So make sure someone in your group has the card

We looked into renting a car a couple of weeks ago and found the rates to be absolutely extortionate. The thing that shocked us the most was the insurance liability. One of the major companies (I think it was Hertz) wanted to charge us over 2,000 pesos for two days and a night (for limited mileage) and puts a hold on between 16,000 and 20,000 pesos on your credit card until the car is returned in excellent condition. If you find a good deal, I'd be wary about checking your liability. In the end I just wasn't comfortable with it all, especially given the driving/roads here...

What happens if your credit card has a spending limit of 10,000 pesos, because they don't know this until they try and charge you 20,000 pesos..... or would they come after you some other way?

What happens if your credit card has a spending limit of 10,000 pesos, because they don't know this until they try and charge you 20,000 pesos..... or would they come after you some other way?

I rented a car two weekends in a row from Hertz downtown in Paraguay near 9 de Julio, they blocked from my international MC each time about US$800. The amount should be blocked until you return the vehicle in perfect condition, they check for dings, scratches, etc. They tore the signed guarantee voucher, however it was about a month later and after several calls to Hertz an MC that the blocked amount was released.

I rented a car with hertz in april in bariloche and declined all additional coverage (because I'm already covered by my cc for rental damages)and they put a hold for the full value of the vehicle (~20k usd).

I've had my best deal with Europecar. They are at the Buquebus terminal but make a reservation on line and google for a discount code.

If anyone knows if there is a deal available for long term rental (about a month) please let us know.

Back