Car Rental / Purchase Advise Please!

Brittyhill

Registered
Hello All,

Just this evening I found this forum and am excited to be an active member... but before I introduce myself or get onto any of the fun, I need to ask for some advice. My company has provided me with a vehicle for my first 30 days, but that time will very soon be up. I can't yet purchase a car (I don't have the Precaria or DNI yet - all in process and won't have it until October 2nd). I need to drive all the way to escobar 1-3 times per week, so having a vehicle is really ideal given that even the cheap uber prices won't be affordable at the frequency I need to go.

Are any of you familiar with any rental car companies with competitive rates? More creative suggestions to solve the problem?

Greatly appreciate any advice.

Localiza Car rental is pretty good -- weekly rates.. no mileage...
Wait til Oct. 2nd. to buy car

Dietrich VW , Ford Dealer can sell vehicle with no Precaria..!

Localiza Car rental is pretty good -- weekly rates.. no mileage...
Wait til Oct. 2nd. to buy car

Dietrich VW , Ford Dealer can sell vehicle with no Precaria..!

Why do you say wait until Oct. to buy a car? Is that when the new models come out? Today a Toyota dealer told us that car prices are going up 15% in October.

Why do you say wait until Oct. to buy a car? Is that when the new models come out? Today a Toyota dealer told us that car prices are going up 15% in October.
No I meant when you have your DNI... in hand. good Luck

Thanks for thoughts!!
In the short term, I was able to get a GREAT rate (half what main stream rental places are charging) with a 6 month locked rate with Baires Rent a Car company (working with Sebastian). They let me pick up the car on Sunday - pay later this week when my cash transfer comes through to ensure I get the best rate paying in cash. They also agreed to the exchange rate I got when transferring my money - not the international standard today. Really a good experience, even if it is still expensive.

Back