Careful At Ezieza

Alicia karr

Registered
Hi folks. I just came back from a two week trip to the states and had a very close call with having my stuff inspected as I was leaving Ezieza. I showed them my US passport but that didn't seem to be enough. They asked me if I had just come from a flight from Miami, and it was only when I kept saying "Atlanta, Georgia" that they seemed satisfied and let me go without inspecting what I had.
Truth be told this time I only had a suitcase full of food products, some apple chargers and cables and some bottles of nail polish, but if it had been last time, yikes! I suspect they are hungrier than ever for a source of dollars(customs fees? Bribes?) it was also sad because the flight was only half full. A relatively small plane.
And yes I spoke English the whole time and was an unaccompanied older woman. Go figure!

I came through 2 weeks ago and other than putting my bags through the scanner, there was no problem. The woman even smiled as I handed her my customs form. As will all things in Argentina, YMMV.

Maybe they were ordered to more thoroughly inspect the flight from Miami , whichever one that was. My friend who owns an air freight business has told me numerous times of temporary beefed up inspections as commanded from on high. But they get back to their lazy uninterested selves quite quickly.

I never fill out the form , and have never been asked anything. Only once when I was bringing in a large box that had sails for a "sporting event". They opened the box , saw the sails and said , "Have a nice regatta."

Hi folks. I just came back from a two week trip to the states and had a very close call with having my stuff inspected as I was leaving Ezieza. I showed them my US passport but that didn't seem to be enough. They asked me if I had just come from a flight from Miami, and it was only when I kept saying "Atlanta, Georgia" that they seemed satisfied and let me go without inspecting what I had.
Truth be told this time I only had a suitcase full of food products, some apple chargers and cables and some bottles of nail polish, but if it had been last time, yikes! I suspect they are hungrier than ever for a source of dollars(customs fees? Bribes?) it was also sad because the flight was only half full. A relatively small plane.
And yes I spoke English the whole time and was an unaccompanied older woman. Go figure!

As a ten year resident of Argentina, I've made multiple trips to the US during this time, the majority to NYC, several to Atlanta. Only once was I told to open my luggage, and this was last year November when I returned from Atlanta via a connection in Miami. Customs sees MIA on the checked baggage tag and...well, take it from there.

I returned last month from NYC, via the AA nonstop, with two large bags (full of goodies, to say the least), plus two carry-on, and customs didn't bat an eye as the four pieces went through the scanner. As well, they didn't even take my customs form. This has been the usual case for me with all of my trips to/from the US...except for that one time last year via Miami.

Miami inbound flights are the obvious target.

The only time they've every checked my bags is if I'm returning from Miami. Better safe than sorry. You never know when they'll check you.

Delta from Atlanta , United from DC or Houston. Even Copa through Panama. Better choices than AA or Air Campora from Miami /NYC ,
and less scrutiny ............

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gsi16386 Expat Life 25
P Expat Life 0
L Expat Life 12
H Expat Life 14
D Expat Life 13
Back