Carols?

Hoover

Registered
I thought twice about posting this, because it will make me look like a sentimental fool. But never mind.

Here goes: I am desperate to get some carol-singing action! I miss that shit! Anyone know of a Church where they have a service? I don't know if the carols that we sing in the UK are sung here - less still in English (not that the language matters) but thought I'd at least try to find something, somewhere... I have been going to the carol service at St Paul's Cathedral for the last ten years and have finally cracked. I NEED MY FIX.

Thank you and happy yule log to you all.

Hoover said:
I thought twice about posting this, because it will make me look like a sentimental fool. But never mind.

I'm afraid I can't help, but it made me laugh :p

There are carols at the British Embassy in the gardens, but I don´t know when, they advertise in the Bs As Herald or contact the Embassy, I have been to the carols and spent a very nice time
regards
Reina

The traditional service of nine lessons and carols will be broadcast in the traditional way on Christmas Eve on BBC radio as has been the tradition for countless years. You could listen via the not-so-traditional internet.

P.S. Did I mention it was traditional?

Hoover said:

Here goes: I am desperate to get some carol-singing action! I miss that shit!

I NEED MY FIX.

Thank you and happy yule log to you all.

690067a8oj2ua08r.gif

HERE IS YOUR FIX!
Date: Saturday 20 November 2010
<click>

The ABCC charity event is bringing you a British Christmas to Buenos Aires. There will be an artisans fair and even Christmas carols. The event will take place in the garden of the Bristish Ambassador’s residence located on Gelly & Obes 2333 Recoleta. Come and do your Christmas shopping and even catch a glimpse of Santa who is visiting at 4.30pm! Children under ten go free and normal entry is with a 10 peso donation.

For information call 5254 8064/8065 or email [email protected]

Merry Christmas to you too!......and Merry Christmas to you all!

Hello,

I have just checked when the Christmas services are at the Anglican cathedral in the microcentre. Map here: http://www.catedralanglicana.org/

Dec 24 - Christmas Eve - The Holy Eucharist (Bilingual Service, mostly in Spanish) 7pm
Dec 25 - Christmas Day - The Holy Eucharist (Bilingual Service, mostly in English) 10am
Dec 26 - First Sunday after Christmas - Festival of Carols and Lessons and The Holy Eucharist (English/Spanish) 10am
(Liturgy according to the US-based Episcopal Church Book of Common Prayer)

We will be singing traditional carols played in our recently tuned 1894 Bishop & Son Organ!

Katie

Absolutely loving your work, friends, many thanks. I will of course be listening to the nine lessons/carols - I've got those Kings College dudes in my ipod - but I always like to belt out a few carols in addition.

Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Newcomers Forum 1