Carrying Guitar On Aerolineas Flights?

stevec

Registered
Hi all

Anyone had experience taking a guitar as carry on with Aerolineas? Their website's ambiguous - may or may not be allowed in a soft case.

The guitar's only a cheapie, so prepared to take my chances at the airport. Any tips (bribe the check in staff?) welcome. I don't even have a case for it - was just going to carry it in the box.

Alternatively, if anyone wants to buy a two-month old $900 peso guitar and pick it up this weekend, I'll part with it and grab another one up in Lima. Nylon string, action a mile high, but a smooth enough neck and stays in tune so fine for fiddling while you're on holiday. I've enjoyed playing it.

S.

glasgowjohn

Registered
If you can sing and dance , I would e-mail the CEO and offer him some in-flight entertainment.................

EricLovesBA

Registered
I checked as baggage 2 guitars, a bass, a banjo and a keyboard on one Aerolinas trip from the US. The guitars were in hard cases but the keyboard was in a soft case with a lot of clothes packed around it. Everything survived. Bet you could sell it on mercadolibre in pretty short order though.