carrying my cycles in subway?

Shoeb

Registered
How comfortable it is to carry cycle around the city in subway?

Oops..I would be staying in Pilar , so whats the best way to come to downtown in weekend?

By train using the San Martin line. Even though you can bring your bike on the train I suggest you leave it in Pilar and use it there.

Just use the subte in the city and you won't "lose" your bike.

http://www.viajeros....inea-san-martin

Be very careful around the Retiro station at all times and if you want to be in the city on a Saturday night, I suggest you stay in a hotel and return to Pilar on Sunday.

PS: I was advised to never use the San Martin line shortly after I arrived in 2006. I did use it once in 2009 from point to point within CF. That was in the middle of the day on a Saturday. There were few riders and I had no trouble.

Take the 57 bus at the Pilar bus terminal. The "Diferencial" one.

Comfortable, will drop you at Pza. Italia where there are plenty of buses and subway. You can sleep in and out of town, It used to depart every 15min fron the entrance of La Rural. Trip took close to an hour from each end to destination.

Must figure out how to get there from your location in Pilar.

Avoid using the train. Too dangerous.
Stopped using it many years ago after almost shooting a group of stoned hoodlums once; seing a guy jerking off jump off the train when a lady screamed. The wanker apparently got tired of using his own hand and pretended to use her's.

I used to work for a few companies at the Parque Ind. for many years and go there weekly. After the incidents described above switched to 57 Dif. Best decision ever.

How comfortable it is to carry cycle around the city in subway?

It's not comfortable at all. I'm a cyclist and I really miss being able to put your bicycle on the rack infront of the buses in the States. Yesterday I got onto the subway during rush hour with a kitty litter box with a lid and practically got lynched and thrown off. Imagine trying to get on with a bike.

Train isn´t too dangerous, but it may not be comfortable. Keep your wits about you. No problem traveling in the "furgon" car for bikes. In the city you can use the bicisendas (bike lanes). You can also put the bike in a garage for a nominal fee and pick it up when you are done for the day. Garages MUST accept bikes by law.

I'm reading this with concern and would like clarification. Which train is dangerous? Or is it all of them? I sometimes take the train from the station at Retiro to Martinez (it's the one that goes to El Tigre). Is that not a good idea? I have become aware more recently that mechanically it is less than safe.

What about the train to the south from Buenos Aires? It goes not exactly into Viedma, but down that way?

Not all trains/lines are the same. I'm talking specifically of the one that ends at Pilar station. Rode it for many years on a weekly basis, before switching to the 57 bus.

Really wondering if M_P is speaking of that same one or making the Mitre line that goes to Tigre the rule and not the exception?

arlean, the one you take is fine. I use to live @ Acassiso and take the train at odd hours wih no issues.

Back