Casa de Cambio Open On Weekends?

LAtoBA

Registered
Does anyone know of a Casa de Cambio open on weekends? Name and location would be great.

Thanks.

Although I don´t know about the bank-operated ones, I do know that there are informal "Casas de Cambio" on Calle Florida open on the weekends (you know, those people who stand around calling "Cambio, cambio!... Euros! Dolares! Reales!... Casa de cambio!"

I haven´t ever had a problem with them, but always remember to check the bills for authenticity. Furthermore, although you´re more likely to get a slightly better exchange rate through these people as opposed to the banks, the exchange rate always better Monday through Friday (I´m not sure why, but the rate always drops a cent or two on the weekends).

I can back this info up, as I had the "unique opportunity" of living on Calle Florida for a lovely 19 months!!! :)

Suerte!

alto palermo and patio bullrich have exchange houses inside

Travel agencies open on Saturdays and some of them exchange money "under the table", so to speak. Expect the exchange rate to be a little unfair. You'll definitely lose a few bucks, but not to the point of being ripped off. It's an alternative to consider if in a hurry.

Back