cashing out bitcoin while not being a resident

opahopa

Registered
Hi!

Anyone using cryptocurrencies here? i work in blockhain industry and receiving a payments in cryptocurrencies. BTC -> ARS rate is just incredibly good and i was wondering if someone have experience making this exchange without having a residency here? Maybe there is some particular bank which would a open an account without a residency?

d.gray

Registered
I think you need to have a DNI to use the local crypto exchanges like Ripio. But perhaps you can cash out at one of the Bitcoin ATMs? I haven't used them myself, but as far as I can see, all you need is a local telephone number to receive a text message. I think the rate is lower, but it might be worth trying.

Weyland

Registered
The crypto exchanges are regulated so you'll need a DNI to use them. Same with banks. Maybe find someone trustworthy who wants to exchange pesos for crypto.

sts7049

Registered
there have been threads on this here already, but from my experience i could not create an account on the bitcoin exchanges here because i'm not an Arg citizen. wasn't able to open one just with a DNI as a resident

camel

Registered
The local bitcoin group is having a meetup Friday, the topic is "cryptomonedas y cepo" so it's relevant. It may be a good place to ask (in person) about selling btc for pesos.