Cd / Stereo / Equipment Repair

pmacay

Registered
We have a Sony CDP-C425 five CD disc player that needs repair. I walked up and down Parana as I thought that was where the cd / stereo equipment repair places were located but it was mostly places selling stereo car players. The few places that offered stereo equipment repair said they don't work on CD players.

It seems to be a simple problem, the inside carousal doesn't spin once the drawer slides shut, it spins while the drawer is open, but as soon as the drawer starts sliding closed it stops spinning. I took the top off looking for anything jamming the carousal, but I didn't see anything obvious, so I don't think it's a major problem, just some kind of sensor that needs replacing.

Any ideas on places in the city that repair stereo equipment or areas of the city that sell a lot of stereo equipment?

I went out to one of those huge major appliance stores out in Belgrano looking to buy a new 5 disc player but it seems that CD players are kind of a thing of the past and they had very few options for new equipment, and none that were multi disc players, which is great for a dinner party where you can just set it up with 5 discs and not have to baby sit it every 45 minutes.

Thanks for any ideas!

Pete & Ron

Back