Cedula azul

HowardinBA

Registered
Anyone here with info regarding the documents my wife and I need to authorise the above titled tramite?I need her permission to drive here car and vice versa.any info would be greatly appreciated,maybe someone on here has been through the process.:rolleyes:

You get it at the Registro Propidad Automotor - there are many depending on where the car is registered. You need your DNI and appropriate documentation for the car.

Unles the color has changed recently I think it might still be the cedula verde (mine is green).

If you ask for the cedula azul you might be told no such thing exists and might not be asked if you mean the cedula verde, even if you are in the correct location to get one.

No Steve,I was stopped by the police over xmas and alcohol tested(drank coke all niht)and as I was driving my wife,s car,and she wasn,t with me,they said I had to have a cedula azul,as permission from the car owner,to drive it..

>>The title owner gets the Ced Verde. Others authorised to drive the car get a nice shiny blue one.

Have always got the vehicle in both names on the green card... holder plus spouse, so you end up with 2 green cards. The blue card is usually if you are lending it to someone, or have a driver, or someone delivering for you. Whatever, it's a gov. scam to get more money. Try to add your spouse on your green card first... could be a lot cheaper.

You don't need a cedula azul if the car's cedula verde is not expired (look at the vencimiento on the cedula) and you have it in your posession (along with proof of insurance and all that).

So long as the cedula verde is not expired, any third party can drive the car with possession of that alone. In that case, you do not need a cedula azul. The cedula verde does not expire for the titular of the auto, but it does for use by third parties.

You can even take the car over borders as long as you are no more than two degrees of relation to the owner of the car.

If you still feel you need one for the peace and quiet of not having to argue with some idiot cop from time to time:

http://www.dnrpa.gov.ar/portal_dnrpa/cedula_azul/index.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Expat Life 18
M Expat Life 5
C Expat Life 13
R Expat Life 0
Back