Cell Phone Recommendation For A Pay As You Go Plan

pmacay

Registered
I want to get a cell phone for Ron for emergencies. The cheapest phone with a pay by the minute plan, I don’t want a monthly plan. We both hate the phone so we won’t be using it much, I just want to be able to reach him when he’s out running errands. I don’t need internet browsing or texting, I don’t even need a screen.

I saw a simple phone at “Personal” for 419 pesos. Before I walk in and get suckered into something I don’t want, is there any gotcha’s I should be looking out for? A friend of mine has a simple phone and uses MovieStar to buy minutes online, and doesn’t have a monthly plan.

If I buy a phone from “Personal” can I get MovieStar as my provider to be able to do the same? Or do all phone networks have a pay as you go plan without having to get a monthly plan? Sorry this sounds so lame, but I moved to Argentine to destress my life and I haven’t had a cellphone since 2000 and they didn’t even have texting then! Jjaja!

Thanks for any advice.

Pete & Ron

Hi Go to Tope Cell in Av. Santa Fe 2371 and buy the cheapest Nokia phone they have for $399 pesos unblocked can be used with Movistar, Personal, Claro, you buy minutes as you go no Plan. See the link for directions. New in the box with Warranty.

http://www.topecel.com/celular-nokia-n100-nuevos-en-caja-libres-garantia_62xJM

great that is exactly info I was looking for also.
thanks a lot rich one

I recently paid 350 pesos for a new Samsung cheapo at Claro in Villa La Angostura.

Back