Central Bank propose putting Messi on their currency notes

MilHojas

Registered

What we need is a 5000 peso note. I just paid my rent an hour ago, and counting out that many bills is a pain in the ass.

The other related thing is that the lack of change everywhere is getting ridiculous. NOBODY has small change anymore. The new 5 & 10 peso coins are great, but there need to be ten or twenty times as many available, and the 20 & 50 peso coins need to happen like yesterday. Freaking politicians, (all of them, no party issues here), need to stop thinking so selfishly of themselves and deal with the nation's issues.

(Of course, the same could be said of the US, Canada, and every nation in Europe aside from Serbia and Hungary, but that's another issue)

What we need is a 5000 peso note. I just paid my rent an hour ago, and counting out that many bills is a pain in the ass.
Printing higher denomination bills proves inflation is real and people will notice it (as if they haven't already)
- Ks since the early 2010s

We seriously need a law that just forces the BCRA to automatically issue higher denomination bills when the IPC or USD = X; forget the CCL, the Blue is now at $328 rending 1K ARS $3.05 a piece, this is worse than when Cristina left office with only $100s in circulation, even then they were worth $6.77.

Freaking politicians, (all of them, no party issues here), need to stop thinking so selfishly of themselves and deal with the nation's issues.
The issue to print higher denomination bills is a party issue. You want K's / Peronism, you get policies of denial vis a-vis inflation including refusal to create or support higher denomination bills. Plain and simple.

In fact, the only serious discussion this government has had regarding the bills is changing the design but maintaining the denominations as they are. Whereas the previous government changed designs and denominations of notes and coins simultaneously.

^^ The point made above about higher denomination notes is all that should be under consideration presently. I guess I need to dig in and research the resistance to doing it. Whatever the reasons, surely they are absurd.
At least when it was 17,000 Australes to the GBP on my first visit in 1991, there were large enough notes to make the carrying of cash easy enough. The mental gymnastics required in calculating what I was paying was another matter!

Last edited:
SMH. Everything here has to be political.
I could post a survey asking which is better, Poodle or French Bulldog, and somebody in this community would find an excuse to rant against Cristina.
("Those damn kirchnerista poodles!")

I could post a survey asking which is better, Poodle or French Bulldog, and somebody in this community would find an excuse to rant against Cristina.
they are called 'Caniche' here:)

When politicians decide not to put their own faces on the national currency but rather some patsy with no choice in the matter instead you know something's up.

Or against Larreta.

Last edited:
Back