Certificado de domicilio / Residencia permanente

AbnrmlSyk

Registered
Hello, i have moved to Argentina 9 months ago, I overstayed my allowed 3 months without renewing it. I got married 3 months to an Argentinian citizen here in BA, I am in the process of gathering the necessary documents to apply for permanent residency.
I have a couple of questions, I would appreciate some help please.
1) Will I get in trouble with the police if I go to the "comisaría" to request a "certificado de domicilio" as the stamp of entry on my passport is experied by almost 6 months.
2) Once I gather all the paperwork and ready to apply for the permanent residency, will I get in trouble with migraciones on the day I hand over my application because of overstaying my allowed time.
Thank you for any help you information.

Hello, i have moved to Argentina 9 months ago, I overstayed my allowed 3 months without renewing it. I got married 3 months to an Argentinian citizen here in BA, I am in the process of gathering the necessary documents to apply for permanent residency.
I have a couple of questions, I would appreciate some help please.
1) Will I get in trouble with the police if I go to the "comisaría" to request a "certificado de domicilio" as the stamp of entry on my passport is experied by almost 6 months.
2) Once I gather all the paperwork and ready to apply for the permanent residency, will I get in trouble with migraciones on the day I hand over my application because of overstaying my allowed time.
Thank you for any help you information.
All I can say is I didn't. On both accounts.

The police didn't check the stamp in my passport. If they do and ask, just say you are doing the papers and the process.

As for immigrations, I went with an overstay of four years. They didn't say anything to me as I was already married.

Unfortunately, while my experience seems to be mostly the norm, there are no guarantees. Being married and/or having a child here are the easiest way to residency and despite my significant overstay they did not question me at all.

Back