CFK Avoids Answering Questions - Harvard

Her response to the student was rude and arrogant - but that is the way she is. She has no idea what the student's financial situation is, how much of a sacrifice his family may have made, how much scholarship money he/she is receiving. She just went on the attack in what seems to have been a nasty, aggressive way. CAN YOU IMAGINE OBAMA ATTACKING A STUDENT LIKE THAT? COULD YOU IMAGINE HOW THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WOULD RESPOND?

Did anyone catch what his response was when she said that?? I heard something muffled and then a few people started clapping but I couldn't catch what he said.

I couldn't believe how she talked to that guy. He may be at Harvard but who knows how difficult it could have been to get there. Or who knows, maybe he's got his dollars out in time ;)

sergio said:
Her response to the student was rude and arrogant - but that is the way she is. She has no idea what the student's financial situation is, how much of a sacrifice his family may have made, how much scholarship money he/she is receiving. She just went on the attack in what seems to have been a nasty, aggressive way. CAN YOU IMAGINE OBAMA ATTACKING A STUDENT LIKE THAT? COULD YOU IMAGINE HOW THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WOULD RESPOND?

It seems that it does not matter where she is, she does not answer the question but attacks the questioner. And now she is back in Argentina. Lucky us!

scotttswan said:

I honestly wonder what b****t her advisers had fed her to convince her to attend these debates (jaja). She clearly believes her own delusional ideas about the Argentinean model and her need to teach the rest of the ignorant world about such...because she got 54% of the vote..obvio..so she's an expert on govt. . She was so rude, mocking the students to their faces for making such non academic questions not worthy of Harvard. I was so proud of them for speaking up, albeit seeming afraid so theres hope for Argentina when the new generation sees and decries her for what she is. All fur coat and no knickers as my granny always said....

While I think the questions were good (and definitely embarrassed her), in hindsight it might have been wiser to rephrase it to get to the meat of the matter. It's too bad that the students weren't allowed to ask follow up questions.

For instance the student that asked why Argentina has currency controls while other LA countries do not... and her answer was because there's a culture of using American dollars. Perhaps they should have asked why there is a culture of saving in dollars (or why it's necessary to save in dollars)... or if she thinks that saving for retirement or for a rainy day is overrated seeing as she doesn't care too much about keeping inflation at manageable levels.

Attacking her philosophy might have been a better approach instead of the details, but all in all, it was nice to see. They certainly grilled her, and it was a lot more critical than I expected. :) The last couple questioners seemed plants to me - the ones she picked out as the moderator was trying to bring it to an end. It seems she took the opportunity to clear up some 'misunderstandings' and false reports.

According to that ridiculous idiot Mengolini on DDD we shouldn't pay any attention to the Harvard students because they are the elite and have no idea what they are talking about, and according to one of her idiot co-panelists the questions about media controls were wrong and shouldn't have been allowed in the first place because Cristina was speaking at a school of government, not a journalism school, and therefore they should only have been asking questions about government organization. And then they got fits paez, who I didn't realize has a career not only as a singer-songwriter but apparently should also be revered as a brilliant political analyst. Told us that he isn't paying attention to Harvard students and neither should we. End of story, DDD passes onto the next topic. Nice, since they can't actually defend the president they'll just pretend the whole thing didn't happen. A nice preview of television viewing post 7 diciembre if govt gets their way...

Back