CFK guilty, sentenced to 6 years imprisonment

News in development: CFK (and a bunch of other people from the same case) has been found guilty of corruption in one of the many cases against her concerning $100m stolen from public road works. She has been sentenced to 6 years imprisonment and lifetime inhabilitation from public office.

Some violent public disturbances from militant Ks already being reported around the Comodoro Py court in Retiro along with statements like “liquidate the judiciary” flying around from their leadership. The Ks have also made threats of starting widespread disturbances following the sentencing.

CFK will speak now.

Endless appeals and circus will likely follow.

yeah, there are still years to go with this. but this is a damn good start!!

translated here:
Cristina Kirchner was sentenced this afternoon to 6 years in prison in the Highway case for defrauding the State, but, in any case, the Vice President will not go to jail. In principle, because of her charge, she has privileges of immunity from arrest and in order for them to be removed, she must go through a political trial. But, also, because for an eventual arrest to take place, the sentence must be final so that it can begin to be fulfilled and, for that, it must go through other judicial instances.

To this is added that in this file the former president never had pretrial detention. And in her allegations, federal prosecutors Diego Luciani and Sergio Mola did not request the arrest of the head of the Senate when they asked that she be sentenced to 12 years in prison and perpetual disqualification from holding public office.

Being the sentence of effective compliance, it will remain firm and in a position to be executed when it goes through two more judicial instances. First, the Federal Chamber of Criminal Cassation and, secondly, by the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation.

If the Court leaves the sentence firm, Cristina Kirchner must comply with it. If she is in prison, the instance is opened that she can be at home . The former head of state will turn 70 on February 19. The law establishes that from that age you can request house arrest. But it is not automatic. The rule says that the judge "may" grant this type of detention. In fact, there are people under 70 years of age in house arrest due to health problems or adults who are detained in a prison.

In the event that Cristina Kirchner is holding an elective position -president, vice president, deputy or senator- an instance of political discussion will be opened. A process of impeachment must be initiated to remove the privileges. That also in case the sentence is so that she can no longer hold public office.

The conviction also does not affect a possible candidacy for 2023. One of the crimes for which the Prosecutor's Office requested that she be sentenced contemplates perpetual disqualification from holding public office as a penalty. But the same thing happens with an arrest: the sentence must be final . Regarding a candidacy, Cristina Kirchner has the background of former president Carlos Menem . For the 2017 elections, the man from La Rioja had a conviction for the sale of arms to Croatia and Ecuador and his disqualification was requested so that he can run for re-election as a national senator. But the Supreme Court endorsed that he go to the elections because the sentence was not firm.

Also in the event that the sentence is final, the Vice President would lose the retirement and pension that she currently receives, the administration of her assets and would not be able to vote or be voted for.

Fascinating to watch the television and see how both TN y LN+ stopped broadcasting CFK's presentation when she started talking about the chats. And in so doing, they missed the big news: she announced she won't be a candidate for any position next year!

Embarrassing. Now they have to try and play catchup.

News in development: CFK (and a bunch of other people from the same case) has been found guilty of corruption in one of the many cases against her concerning $100m stolen from public road works. She has been sentenced to 6 years imprisonment and lifetime inhabilitation from public office.

Some violent public disturbances from militant Ks already being reported around the Comodoro Py court in Retiro along with statements like “liquidate the judiciary” flying around from their leadership. The Ks have also made threats of starting widespread disturbances following the sentencing.

CFK will speak now.

Endless appeals and circus will likely follow.
You missed a zero, it is 1000 million usd...

Caught the last of her very very long rant, which as Alby points out, ended with “I’m not going to be a candidate for anything in 2023, I’m retiring from politics, and when I’m out of appeals, just throw me in prison.” after planting that it was all a big conspiracy to either lock her up or kill her.

Cue the whaling masses to beg Santa Cristina to come back and stand “for them”, and see if “people power” will change her mind… or simply pass to baton onto her son to vindicate her legacy as she passes into political martyrdom.

Caught the last of her very very long rant, which as Alby points out, ended with “I’m not going to be a candidate for anything in 2023, I’m retiring from politics, and when I’m out of appeals, just throw me in prison.” after planting that it was all a big conspiracy to either lock her up or kill her.

Cue the whaling masses to beg Santa Cristina to come back and stand “for them”, and see if “people power” will change her mind… or simply pass to baton onto her son to vindicate her legacy as she passes into political martyrdom.
She's waiting for the Don't cry for me Argentina masses to clamour for her return or else they just won't be able to make it.

Fascinating to watch the television and see how both TN y LN+ stopped broadcasting CFK's presentation when she started talking about the chats. And in so doing, they missed the big news: she announced she won't be a candidate for any position next year!

Embarrassing. Now they have to try and play catchup.
No, there's only so much of that self- serving, self-aggrandizing, totally narcisistic BS that a reasonable person can listen to.

Back