CFK wants to transfer not just the subways

scotttswan said:
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/ar...ty-lacks-funds-to-keep-subsidies-on-bus-lines

"We don't have enough funds to keep the subsidies on bus lines," he said adding that if subsidies are cut, tariffs should be raised above 3.50 or 4 pesos.

"I cannot get one thousand million pesos overnight to keep subsidies on buses," Macri warned.

I do think that the subway system is way too cheap to be able to sustain itself. Something around 5 pesos would probably be the right amount. I don't know about buses though, maybe 2.50?

Whatever Macri's intentions, it seems like he's fighting a losing battle. The move to increase prices of subway tickets to 2.50 right when they got control painted him as a bad guy even though it was the national government that wanted/wants to take away the subsidies.

Thinking in terms of political games, he could have just shut down the subway saying that he didn't have the money to run it. It would have looked better to the people here who, for some reason, have gotten way too used to life with subsidies and think they're going to flow their way forever.

As I said before, the Ks are at war with Capital. There is a campaign to break Capital Federal, the Peronists have never won in this city & so Kretina & Klan are out to destroy Macri in what ever way they can...the latest tactic is to economically strangle the city out of it's funds by dumping high transport costs on Macri & politically damaging him in the process.

That's why they want to fill capital federal with villas, they need more K voters inside.

Back