Changing A Student Visa To A Resident Visa?

DCexpatstudent

Registered
Hi!

I currently have been studying in Buenos Aires on exchange. I really like my program that I have here in Buenos Aires so am planning on staying. Of course getting another student visa will not be a problem when this one expires however I was wondering what would be a a way that I could get a more permanent status. I had been reading a lot on this, either on here under the citizenship forums and other places on line but I'm not really sure what the best answer really is in my situation. Time is on my side so I'm not sure I'm exactly ready to pay a lawyer for citizenship per say at the moment which I assume is an option especially with a temporary visa. The other thing that seemed appealing was being payed by a trust however I don't know if I'm comfortable putting that much USD in pesos in an Argentine bank because it would obviously make my life more complicated.

So ANY suggestions or thoughts that anyone has I would appreciate!

P.S. also hoping to try and attend some of the events unfortunately it appears that the times often are affected by my classes.

Thanks!

Matthew

Back