Changing Employers While On A Temporary (Work) Visa

Expat_Arg

Registered
I have been researching this question on this blog and all over the web for quite some time and have not been able to find any useful information regarding my exact situation.

After having lived in Argentina as a "permatourist" for a while, two years ago I was lucky enough to get a job here in blanco that sponsored me for temporary residency/work permit. My second renewal is coming up in a couple of months... and next year (Argentine Spring 2017), I would be eligible to apply for a permanent visa, as it would be my third renewal. Now, while I am very grateful that I was able to even get sponsored, for professional reasons I am ready to change careers and would like to look for jobs with a new company here in Argentina. However, I do not know if this is possible with the residency that I have. Is temporary residency acquired through company sponsorship tied only to the original employer until receiving permanent residency? Would I be able to be hired by a new company if they are willing to submit paperwork to Immigration showing proof of employment and continued income when it comes time to renew my residency next year? Or would my residency be annulled by leaving my current company?

If anyone has any advice regarding my questions, I would be very grateful for your input!

Thanks!

Back