Changing Money

milanesas

Registered
Hi,
For the last few years I've always changed money (USD to pesos) at cuevas for the blue rate, but in the past several months it seems the "blue" rate is a little lower than the official rate, especially if you have to change bills that aren't 50's or 100's. Question, could I just go to any bank as a non-member and exchange USD to pesos at the official rate?
Thank you!

1. yes
2. I still normally get rates better than official, touch base if interested.

What banks would those be? I was told I had to have an account at a particular bank in order to sell dollars for pesos.

bobsnowpuppy...
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]What banks would those be? I was told I had to have an account at a particular bank in order to sell dollars for pesos. [/background]

Same answer given to non-account holders where I bank locally. They are referred to currency exchange agencies found throughout the city.

Several months ago I changed US dollars to pesos several times at the Superville branch on Las Herras between Pueyrredón and Austria. And I do not have an account there. Getting past the automation kisok the first time was not straightforward. Tell the security guard that you want to change money.

Bob

Back