Charging in USD

Daniel82

Registered
Hello Everyone,

Is there a certain criteria for what can/cannot be charged in USD? I do consulting geared at an international affluent professional clientele, and (naturally) I would much rather charge in USD, apart from the fact that it would probably be easier for the type of clientele (not necessarily Argentine) we service.
I’ve seen everything from the obvious real estate prices in USD, to dry cleaning/laundry services at the Pan Americano ($16 USD to clean a shirt, ouch!), massage and spa treatments at Recoleta hotels, Spanish language courses, and prices at some of the fancy Recoleta boutiques all in USD.

Is this a fairly acceptable practice when you deal with this type of profile client and are there any legalities behind this for a freelancer registered in US and Europe?

If you are setup as a business overseas your professional clientele will accept payment by Debit or Credit Card, for services quoted in dollars. You may have to provide a valid local receipt for tax purposes..? Check with your accountant

You can charge whatever besides a 2 years contract rental in usd. At the Afip website you have the option pesos or usd if this was the question.

Back