Charity walk- Fight Hunger-Walk the World (Lucha contra el Hambre -Recorre el Mundo)- Sunday 21st Ma

anda

Registered
The Fight Hunger-Walk the World (Lucha contra el Hambre -Recorre el Mundo) is an organized walk on a global scale by the UN World Food Programme and TNT with the objective of raising awareness on the issues of hunger in the world which today kills more children than HIV, tuberculosis and malaria put together, as well as to raise in 2006 some five million dollars collaboration with the feeding at school of some 100.000 children around the world .
Since 2002, TNT sponsors the walk and provides financial., logistic & transport support.
Each walk starts at 10 am ( local time) at 325 cities in the world such as NY, San Pablo, London , Amsterdam or Pekíng. In Argentina the event takes place in the city of Buenos Aires in the Bosques de Palermo (The Palermo Woods), where employees of TNT, with their friends, clients, and suppliers will walk to create awareness on the plight of hunger in the world.
The proposal of TNT Argentina is double. On the one hand join the global walk and on the other contribute to local institutions.
Regarding the first, there will be on sale exclusive t-shirts of the event and active promotion of the site www.fighthunger.org in which which every time you click on the "Feed a child" button the world sponsors of the programmes will donate 0,19 cents of a dólar
Regarding local Institutions the company will collect long-life milk, yerba mate, sugar, and vegetable oil at the site where the walk starts. They will be donated to the" Red Argentina de Bancos de Alimentos" (Argentine net of Food Banks) who they will be given logistic support for the local dustribution, to the Parroquia Nuestra Señora de Caacupé with whom they develop their corporate volunteer programmes since 2005 en Barracas; y a la Fundación de Asistencia Educativa (FUNDAE), entitity which assists in education and which TNT has been collaborating since 2001.
Anyone interested in joining the 5km walk is welcome. Where I work we are clients of TNT and thought the cause a worthy one (enough to translate the invitation and post :) )
The walk is free but all food donations as described above are welcome.

Anda:

Finally, thanks for posting something positive that gives those reading this expat site a chance to involve themselves in the community rather than define themselves as separate from it. This is a good opportunity to donate food staples as well as get some exercise. We, (my mate and I), will certainly be there this Sunday with food donations and ready to walk and drag some of our local friends with us. Thanks again for this post.

Great!! Thank you on their behalf for the food, the friends & of course the walking you are all going to do to raise awareness!!!
I have a map in .pdf format of where the Walk starts, the area covered in the 5 km as well as where it will end. Is there any way to upload the file to this website- Admin/Igor?? :)

Back