Cheap Flights Lima-Buenos Aires?

polostar88

Registered
Was wondering if anyone has any tips. I can fly into Lima quite cheap from USA but flying into Buenos Aires is 3x the price. Are there any local airlines that fly cheap Lima to Buenos Aires? Otherwise, if anyone has any tips on getting cheap airfare to Argentina now, I'd be grateful.

If you are flying with the Star alliance you can get a South American pass - which would make sense if you want to go somewhere else in addition to BA or work you're way back to Lima.

Unfortunately discount airlines are a northern hemisphere thing (except for Spirit - and the farthest south they fly is Lima).

I'm guessing your flying the Spirit Ft. Lauderdale - Lima route - so you couldn't buy the South America pass.

Did you try those websites such as kayak.com or decolar.com?

If you are flying with the Star alliance you can get a South American pass - which would make sense if you want to go somewhere else in addition to BA or work you're way back to Lima.

Unfortunately discount airlines are a northern hemisphere thing (except for Spirit - and the farthest south they fly is Lima).

I'm guessing your flying the Spirit Ft. Lauderdale - Lima route - so you couldn't buy the South America pass.

Spirit is pretty cheap, so is Jetblue for which I have a credit so it would be almost free to fly to Lima. Even without a discount a flight to Lima is anywhere from $400-500 roundtrip from USA. By contrast a flight to Buenos Aires right now is at least $1350 which is nuts to me. I can get $900 from NYC by flying on different airlines, I may have to do that.

Did you try those websites such as kayak.com or decolar.com?

I use different search engines sure ...but unless you're willing to book strange trips (like half on TAM half on LAN) from NYC, prices are too high for my taste. Also I'm annoyed because I want flexibility and many flights say you can't renew after 90 days, which makes it worthless to me as I want to stay longer.

On another note, is flying one-way into BsAs even possible anymore? Used to be you could do it, or otherwise present Buquebus receipt as a formality. I also had a flight one time arriving in BsAs but leaving from Bogota (it made it much cheaper than a one-way, less than $600), but not sure if they'd allow that now.

Spirit is the worst airline on earth.

their is a cheap 3 day bus service between lima - ba , in case money is really the issue

Here is skyscanner trip cost. Lima~Buenos Aires

http://www.skyscanner.com/transport/flights/lim/buea/cheap-flights-from-lima-to-buenos-aires.html?oym=1408&iym=1408&rtn=1

Back