Cheap or used computer parts?

benderino

Registered
Hi,
Does anyone know a place where I can find generic computer parts? Or some place where I can bring my computer in and rent one hour's time with a power adapter? I have no way to power my laptop, and I need some files from it before i send it off under warranty (where they may wipe the hard drive).

Thanks for any suggestions. I already priced a new brand-name power supply/adapter and they're too expensive.

benderino said:
Does anyone know a place where I can find generic computer parts?.

Galeria Jardin on Calle Florida 537 (opposite Mcdonalds).

Full of computer parts shops. Make sure you shop around for a quotes on parts as they vary greatly. You will find a good deal here.

It's an HP Pavillion dv6 series, adapter specs: 18.5V, 3.5A, 65W. The adapter would need to only come close I believe.

I'll go check out Galeria Jardín tomorrow thanks guys!

If you need to fix the adaptor, there is a transformer repair shop near tribunales that did a great job fixing my blown Bose adaptor for cheap. Ill hunt out their address if you would like, let me know.

I believe that the HP adapters may be fairly common down here.

4 years ago I lost my computer's cord/adapter/charger thing in the confusion of the aftermath of a guy having an epileptic seizure in a youth hostel in Tucuman, but I had a IBM/LENOVO Thinkpad and a replacement was ~US$155. (In fact, they tried to raise the price to US$175 when I went back a week later to buy it.) The same thing was selling for about US$75-US$80 in the States, so that was pleasant.

But with the Thinkpad power cable, I only had two options in Galeria Jardin. For an HP, you'll have more competition. Good luck.

yes please, Richard. thank you. i will go there if Galeria Jardin doesnt pan out for me.

You can buy an external usb caddy to put your 2.5" hard drive in (sata/ide) and then connect it to another pc to back up your data.
I do this all the time for clients. Best to be on the safe side :)

Back