cheap places to stay in salta/cafayate

cdelavallade

Registered
hey expats! i'm travelling to salta in a couple weeks and i'm looking for cheap places to stay that are also clean and safe. anyone have any suggestions? i'll be only a couple days in salta, most of my time spent exploring the wine country in cafayate. i'm happy to stay in hostels, but prefer a private room. any thoughts?

Try couchsurfing? I briefly looked and saw availablity in Salta/San Lorenzo (the latter is gorgeous), but not Cafayate. Cafayate you might have a hard time fining a cheap place, but there are hostels there and looks like private rooms for around $40 pesos...

In Cafayate I stayed at the Ruta 40 hostel, it has private rooms and is well located and OK!

In Salta, I can recommend the Tatata hostal in San Lorenzo (12 kms from Salta), an old house with a swimming pool and very reasonable prices.

Delfina said:
In Cafayate I stayed at the Ruta 40 hostel, it has private rooms and is well located and OK!

In Salta, I can recommend the Tatata hostal in San Lorenzo (12 kms from Salta), an old house with a swimming pool and very reasonable prices.
Ooh, I love El Tatata! The woman who runs it is fabulous. :)

Back