Cheap plus size clothes for men?

lostravenblue

Registered
I'm 5'8", 350 pounds. I only had space in my luggage for two outfits. Does anyone know where I can find clothes? I was looking at Montagne's website, and it's like 80 bucks for a shirt, if I'm reading right. That is way outside my budget. I've tried just walking around the block. There's a number of clothing stores around me, but I can't find anything in my size. Can anyone help?

Or maybe I am just reading money wrong? Like how much is $62.724 ARS? If I put that into the converter, it says $0.33. If I take out the decimal point, it says $333. Neither one of those looks right to me for a fleece hoodie, but I can't find any info on how to read money. Google just keeps giving me exchange rate info, and nothing on what the decimal point and commas are supposed to represent, which tells me I'm being really stupid about this somehow.

62.724 is 62 thousand pesos basically. at the official exchange rate that is in fact 333 dollars. welcome to expensive argentine clothing, especially foreign brands.

when reading money, commas and periods are switched here from the US

I'm a big guy myself and I honestly recommend buying stuff from DXL or King Size and bringing it with you, it's worth the extra bag fee and won't be doable without a hassle until you have a CUIL if you're staying long term.

I've lived in Argentina for a while and I import stuff from them every 18 months or so because I'm almost 6'6" and overweight and despite the clothing size law, there simply isn't clothes for big guys here, especially tall and big, though on Mercadolibre I've seen clothes for average height and shorter big guys, albeit poor quality and expensive based on reviews.

I often buy my clothes in the Av Avellaneda and Av. Nazca area, but I don't need larger sizes, so I don't know what the offerings for those are in that area. People here will tell you that those are not good quality clothes, but you see the same clothes on Av. Santa Fe, and they are a lot less in the Av. Avellaneda area. But don't confuse Av. Avellaneda with the city of Avellaneda.

I'm a big guy myself and I honestly recommend buying stuff from DXL or King Size and bringing it with you, it's worth the extra bag fee and won't be doable without a hassle until you have a CUIL if you're staying long term.

I've lived in Argentina for a while and I import stuff from them every 18 months or so because I'm almost 6'6" and overweight and despite the clothing size law, there simply isn't clothes for big guys here, especially tall and big, though on Mercadolibre I've seen clothes for average height and shorter big guys, albeit poor quality and expensive based on reviews.
Try made-to-measure clothes

Back