Cheap Spanish classes?

username

Registered
Hi guys,
I bet this thread is quite common, but times and prices shifts quickly so I'll post a new thread.

I am a Swedish exchange student here in B.A. and I have no skills in Spanish. I would really like to learn the language though. I looked around online and prices varies a lot. Like you can find private lessons from 25 to 100 pesos an hour. Do you know any cheap language schools in BA? Preferably close to Palermo or San Telmo. It doesn't have to be private lesson but I would like to take 6h a week...

Cheers!

garygrunson said:
UBA has good classes and they are fairly reasonable. They start with Level 0, which assumes no knowledge of Spanish. Classes are fun and others students to practice with. They start very soon too.

http://www.idiomas.filo.uba.ar/extranjeros/ingles/cursos/regulares.htm

Thanks! The site was mainly in Spanish so I don't exactly know when the classes begin. I found a private teacher that takes 50 pesos for two hours. I think it's good, but I would like to study with someone other people. The good thing with private lessons is that I can adjust it to my school schedule etc...

Btw, if anyone here is at a beginners level (I know some of the basics) we can take lessons together there, then it is only 25 pesos for two hours!

If anyone else have some recommendations please post it here!

Cheers,

Hi, take a look at this thread over a similiar topic http://baexpats.org/expat-life/1067...ying-taking-spanish-classes-expensive-ba.html There are lots of free options in this city as well :) Also the variation in price from the old threads is a result of changes in inflation and exchange rate etc. Nowadays most places charge 50-60 pesos an hour. If you are here for the long term, I wouldn't recommend private schools though. Their materials tend to cater to the tourists sometimes with shaky foundations. PM me if you need personal references. Best wishes.

Hi, I'm taking spanish lessons in El Pasaje Spanish and I'm really enjoying my classes there. The teachers and owners are young and really funny, and there's always a relaxed atmosphere. I think they have really good prices compared to others schools (at least the ones I visited before I decided to go there).

Good luck!

username said:
Hi guys,
I bet this thread is quite common, but times and prices shifts quickly so I'll post a new thread.

I am a Swedish exchange student here in B.A. and I have no skills in Spanish. I would really like to learn the language though. I looked around online and prices varies a lot. Like you can find private lessons from 25 to 100 pesos an hour. Do you know any cheap language schools in BA? Preferably close to Palermo or San Telmo. It doesn't have to be private lesson but I would like to take 6h a week...

Cheers!

You may want to consider these - Experiencia Buenos Aires

Close to Linea D station between Palermo and Belgrano. They are well qualified, fun, happy to tailor to your needs a learning programme, to put you together with others at a similar level in conversation groups and, coincidently, also have connections with Finland and Germany. Unlike some language schools they are very well academically qualified and experienced including having contributed to the best known Argentine Course Book in Castellano for English speakers. I've used them for more than one programme and I would be happy to recommend to an adult beginner through to upper intermediate.

By going "cheap" you should avoid wasting money on "cheap and nasty". However it's an Argentine charecteristic to haggle for a good rate in this sort of situation - which certainly Brits if not other Northern Europeans find rather unfamiliar :)

Philip

KlaraF said:
Hi, I'm taking spanish lessons in El Pasaje Spanish and I'm really enjoying my classes there. The teachers and owners are young and really funny, and there's always a relaxed atmosphere. I think they have really good prices compared to others schools (at least the ones I visited before I decided to go there).

Good luck!

Klara,

where are these classes located?

Jamila, the school is located on Bernardo de Irigoyen 118, a few blocks away from Línea D and Línea B of the subway (very close to the Obelisco too). Is a very nice area, with antique buildings and a lot of bars (yesterday we went to one of them with the teachers and oweners and som of the students!).

jamila said:
Klara,

where are these classes located?

Jamila, the school is located on Bernardo de Irigoyen 118, a few blocks away from Línea D and Línea B of the subway (very close to the Obelisco too). Is a very nice area, with antique buildings and a lot of bars (yesterday we went to one of them with the teachers and oweners and som of the students!).

Back