Cheap store to buy whisky?

username

Registered
Hi, I am looking for 12 y.o. Jameson, but I see that the prices varies a lot, is there a especially cheap store for whiskey? I live in Palermo.

Thanks for any advice

Cheers,
Johannes

and do look around the chinese supermarkets, sometimes they can be surprisingly cheap.

Hmm- every time I have looked, the price doesnt vary a LOT- it varies a little, from expensive, to very expensive.

Never seen cheap, thats for sure.

I live in a state in the USA, Washington, with some of the highest liquor prices in the USA, and I still generally find its about half the price of Buenos Aires for good scotch, irish whiskey, or bourbon.

I bring it with me when I come down.

And when I run out, I drink Fernet.

Hehe, thanks guys! I found a place which sells 12 y.o. Black Label for 65 pesos and upwards, however, I want want an old Jameson...

@Ries, yeah man, I bet the US is cheaper - but I'm from Sweden. You'd have to pay like 60 USD for a decent bottle of whiskey there.

Cheers!

I'm looking to try Glen Moranguie (sp?) again. Anybody see it for cheaper than 240 pesos?

JoeBlow said:
I'm looking to try Glen Moranguie (sp?) again. Anybody see it for cheaper than 240 pesos?

You almost got it, drop the u.

I haven't even seen it at 240. Last time I saw it at Jumbo's liquor section, it was 265. But you get what you pay for. My friends from Scotland tell me that except for people who have very particular styles of taste (like enjoying enough peat so your drink smells like an ash tray), for overall quality of taste, the best single malt is Glenmorangie, and the best blended is Famous Grouse.

I have not yet found a reason to disagree with this assessment.

I've seen it for 240 in two places. One was a large supermarket chain, but if possible, I won't give them my money.

Are you a whisky drinker Eternalnewbie?

Maybe we could get a little group of whisky drinkers togeter?

As an irishman, I can tell you that Jameson is cheaper here than it is in Ireland, and if you ever have reason to go to Colonia :))), then the duty free makes it silly money - compared to home.

I love a good whiskey, and can confess to being partial to a decent whisky too, but Famous Grouse isn't something I would partake off. When it comes to Scotch, I prefer the single malts, with Bowmore being my fave. But each of us have own own palette, which makes drinking and talking about it all, so rewarding.

JoeBlow said:
I've seen it for 240 in two places. One was a large supermarket chain, but if possible, I won't give them my money.

Are you a whisky drinker Eternalnewbie?

Maybe we could get a little group of whisky drinkers togeter?

I used to be a whisky drinker, for the better part of 30 years. But some time ago I stopped smoking and drinking anything stronger than wine, intending to avoid the current fate of Christopher Hitchens. Yep, we're all going to die of something, but some dyings are grotesque and brutal. Whisky wasn't worth it.

Back