Cheap Tickets to a Show at Teatro Colon?

lucha54

Registered
I just had a look at the schedule and saw that the ballet "Carmen" is on next week! How great it would be to see a show at the Teatro Colon. Is there a way to get cheap last minute tickets? I know the seats wouldn't be great but I'm still keen if there is an option like they have in NYC to fill the empty seats last minute... any advice, comrades?

To my knowledge there is not but the cheapest tickets are actually very cheap by all standards. The problem is that they could be sold out by now. I am big fan of Colon Theater and I am seeing Carmen next week (plus other 3 ballets and 1 opera this seasons!)

hey! they are selling some pretty cheap tickets! i cant use my international credit card anymore in Argentina:(, so do u know where i can go in person to buy the tickets? where the box office is?

shoush said:
hey! they are selling some pretty cheap tickets! i cant use my international credit card anymore in Argentina:(, so do u know where i can go in person to buy the tickets? where the box office is?

You can go to the Theater directly, Mo-Sa 10am-10pm and Su 10am-5pm. Tucuman 1171.

shoush said:
i cant use my international credit card anymore in Argentina:(, s
Call your foreign bank and ask why they're blocking charges. You probably triggered a security limit for off-shore charges. If so, tell them you're in Argentina for x weeks, and they should update their records so your charges are approved. If they don't, tell them you're canceling your account and going to a bank with decent service.

The very cheap seats (about $30-40 pesos) are not seats at all but standing room way at the top of the opera house where you'll feel as though you're several blocks away. I know every square inch of that auditorium. If you can come up with about $215 pesos go for Cazuela where the sight lines are not too bad but if you can pay almost twice that, there are some very good Platea seats left for the BALLET Carmen, not the opera. This is a LOT cheaper than the opera. You really need to see the performers when dance is involved. Remember too if you are in cheap seats, Cazuela included, you won't be allowed up the main staircase, you can't enter the magnificent Salon Dorado or the confiteria.

jimdepalermo said:
Call your foreign bank and ask why they're blocking charges. You probably triggered a security limit for off-shore charges. If so, tell them you're in Argentina for x weeks, and they should update their records so your charges are approved. If they don't, tell them you're canceling your account and going to a bank with decent service.

I had called my bank and the had told me that theres no block, then i talked a company in Argentina that i usually buy things from with my credit card and they told me that you are not able to use international credit cards here anymore?!?!!? not true????

chris said:
The very cheap seats (about $30-40 pesos) are not seats at all but standing room way at the top of the opera house where you'll feel as though you're several blocks away. I know every square inch of that auditorium. If you can come up with about $215 pesos go for Cazuela where the sight lines are not too bad but if you can pay almost twice that, there are some very good Platea seats left for the BALLET Carmen, not the opera. This is a LOT cheaper than the opera. You really need to see the performers when dance is involved. Remember too if you are in cheap seats, Cazuela included, you won't be allowed up the main staircase, you can't enter the magnificent Salon Dorado or the confiteria.

ah i was going to go buy the 30 or 40 pesos "seats" but you can sit down then??? can u atleast see anything?

shoush said:
ah i was going to go buy the 30 or 40 pesos "seats" but you can sit down then??? can u atleast see anything?

You cannot seat there. And it is indeed very very far. It would be OKish for a concert and even an opera but I would not bother for a ballet where you actually have to see the movements and their feet!
If you buy a platea it would be around 400 pesos but it would be still half (or less) the price you pay at Opera de Paris or the Royal Ballet in London. I know, I know, Argentine salaries are also less than half.

shoush said:
I had called my bank and the had told me that theres no block, then i talked a company in Argentina that i usually buy things from with my credit card and they told me that you are not able to use international credit cards here anymore?!?!!? not true????

Not true at all. I have US issued Amex and MC and I use them often to buy things online (like the Colon tickets last week) and in shops (I paid in Coto supermarket yesterday)

Back