cheap way TO EZE?

dutara

Registered
How about getting TO the airport from the city?
I'm out near on Cabildo so taking a taxi to downtown to get the Manuel Tienda Leon seems kind of dumb. Any of the airport transit buses make stops out here en route to the airport?

When I came from the airport last November I was able to get someone to bring me in for 100pesos, just walked about 30 mtrs passed the airport exit to where the road begins. I wonder what a cab I stop on the street would settle for. The remis price seems to be 150p.

I have taken the number 8 bus before.

I guess it depends how much luggage you have, and what time of day you are getting the bus. If you are able to get on the bus when there isn't too many people it shouldn't be too bad to find a place for it all. Just try to make yourself as compact as possible. I can imagine it being a pain if it is a busy bus though.

I have picked up a friend from the airport, and he had two large suitcases, two (heavy) larger size carry-on size bags, and a guitar, and two extra coats (!) and we managed ok, without peeving anybody off with all the bags!

dutara said:
How about getting TO the airport from the city?
I'm out near on Cabildo so taking a taxi to downtown to get the Manuel Tienda Leon seems kind of dumb. Any of the airport transit buses make stops out here en route to the airport?

When I came from the airport last November I was able to get someone to bring me in for 100pesos, just walked about 30 mtrs passed the airport exit to where the road begins. I wonder what a cab I stop on the street would settle for. The remis price seems to be 150p.

With the the recent increases in taxi fares you won't be able to pay less than about 130-135 with any cab you hail on the street. And that's during the day time. At night it will be more.

Thanks for the responses.
I may have come up with a solution: taxi to Aeorparque, and from there get the Manuel Tienda Leon to EZE, which run app once an hour. Cost is 60p, then app. 30p for the taxi in my case. Be sure to check schedule before attempting this. I might give it a miss because if I don't get the 8pm bus the next is 9:30p, which will put me at EZE too late. Depending on how things go on departure day I'll probably spring for the price of the cab and cut the stress.

The 86 bus doens't exist anymore. Now it's the 8 bus and watch out because only one of them goes to the airport, which takes about 3 hours from Congreso and it costs peanuts. Best you can do is take MANUEL TIENDA LEON or perhaps share a taxi with someone.

angelskywalker said:
The 86 bus doens't exist anymore. Now it's the 8 bus and watch out because only one of them goes to the airport, which takes about 3 hours from Congreso and it costs peanuts. Best you can do is take MANUEL TIENDA LEON or perhaps share a taxi with someone.

Didn´t know about this, damn you made me feel old!!!

There are two smaller (in comparison with Tienda Leon) bus companies running to the airport from downtown: minibus ezeiza and aerobus . You can try your luck with them (I have no personal experience with either).

But really, why don't you just take a taxi? :)

Back