checking blood sugar

LaurenW

Registered
I'm hoping to check my blood sugar without going to a doctor. Anyone know if I can do this at a pharmacy or buy a kit there? If yes, what should I ask for in Spanish? thanks!

I have diabeties and was told by a friend who is a doctor that you just need to take your meter in to the phamacy to get your supplies. Not sure if they will check it for you.. Do you need to check it everyday ? or is this just a one time shot.

I'm not diabetic but have had some odd symptoms recently and want to check it out before going to a doctor, so I currently have no meter. May have to just go to the doc but I know you can get it checked in the US without making an appointment; was hoping something simple existed here as well! Thanks!

I don't think you need to go to a Dr., but if you don't have a kit and supplies you will need to go to a "Laboratorio de Analisis Clinicos". They do all type of blood analysis, and for some they may require a Dr. order but I believe not for blood sugar. What you are looking for is called "analisis de glucosa en sangre" or "analisis de glucemia" I know a couple that I could recommend, but not in BA , sorry. You can google and I am sure you'll find several near you. It is also posible that a "farmacia" will do the test, for sure they will have kits and supplies. Good luck

Back