Cheesecloth

BaltRochGirl

Registered
I know people have asked in the past, but haven't seen any real answers. Has anyone ever bought cheesecloth in Buenos Aires? If so where, and what is it called here?

nope..i looked for it a for a long time.

Finally bought it on Amazon when I was in US.

I bought a cloth from a fabric store; the thinnest possible cotton. Works like a charm for paneer. also have used an old t-shirt little sections rubber banded onto a jar just to strain my ghee, then i throw that chunk away.

well I finally found something tonight on mercado libre, the only thing even remotely like it

Tela De Gasa De Puro Algodon​

I want to use it for making cheese, ricotta, but also for cooking my turkey, found a great new technique to try...but I'm a little wary to get it or to use a t-shirt in the oven ;)

When I was a child, women used to buy "tela para pañales" in "sederia" or at azcuenaga street, between tucumán and av corrientes

In the oven I don't know... mine is always for stuff outside the oven. Also I use it for steaming sticky rice in my vapor machine. Still, it's not dry heat and you don't want to start a fire!

It's not dry cooking so that's OK. My friend said that gasa panaler should be the same so I'm gonna check it out in the stores and see.

I use layered gauze from the pharmacy or some cotton handkerchiefs that I bought specifically for that purpose.

Does anyone know where you can buy rennet in the city? I have asked a few friends that are chiefs and no one seems to know of a supply house here where you can get it. Any ideas?

P.S. I also got my cloth on Amazon after failing to find one I liked here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Expat Life 5
N Food and Drink 0
Back