Childbirth Education and Support

Pamela.Maslen

Registered
Empowering Birth Choices childbirth education courses prepare expectant parents for a positive birth experience and lactation counseling services.

During childbirth education classes, parents learn about the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and birth, and master relaxation methods, alternative comfort measures, and breathing and pushing techniques for a gentle birth. Individual and group courses are available. Courses may begin as early as 12 weeks pregnancy or as late as 35 weeks pregnancy and are tailored to meet your individual needs and preferences. To schedule your childbirth education course contact: [email protected].

Lactation Counseling services include breastfeeding classes for pregnant families, as well as one-on-one breastfeeding counseling services. Breastfeeding can be a relaxing and liberating experience for you and your family, but it is not uncommon to experience challenges. Often gentle support and accurate information can help you to achieve the experience you desire.

Other Services: Additional labor support services for the day of the birth are also available upon request.

Please visit www.empoweringbirthchoices.com

Testimonial from a past client:

I was extremely fortunate to have Pamela Maslen prepare me for childbirth! Like many women, I was anxious about giving birth for the first time, and the fact that I was planning to do so in a foreign country where I barely speak the language didn’t help. But after three childbirth classes with Pamela, I felt much more informed, relaxed, empowered, and prepared to face pretty much anything. In addition to covering factual information – the physiology of birth, the different stages of labor – Pamela addressed my specific fears and concerns and taught me strategies for dealing with them. We discussed a whole array of childbirth scenarios and appropriate responses to each. We covered the variety of possible medical interventions, and although Pamela is a strong proponent of natural childbirth, she was respectful of my inclination toward receiving an epidural. Through demonstration, discussion, and a well-edited selection of readings, she taught me techniques for relaxation, labor-coping, and pushing, including one pushing technique that turned out to be invaluable in the delivery room! My husband also participated in the classes and Pamela’s instruction included ways for him to play a strong supporting role. Pamela is not only extremely knowledgeable but passionate about pregnancy and childbirth, and her enthusiasm is contagious. I will always be grateful to her for setting the tone for what turned out to be a remarkably pleasant birth experience.
Kristy M.
Buenos Aires
June 2009

Back