"chile Es Un País Brutalmente Enfermo"

I wonder how neurotic a "non neo-liberal policy" makes the population of a country.

'Get a boat!' Venezuela flights booked full for months

[font=Helvetica Neue']CARACAS (Reuters) - If you live in Venezuela and want to fly abroad, get in line.[/font]
[font=Helvetica Neue']Flights are booked solid months in advance, not from a new interest in exotic destinations but because locals are profiting from a play on the nation's tightly controlled currency market.[/font]

The article on alcohol is very worrying.
I'm British and alcohol is a serious problem in the UK and has been for years.
I hear stories from Adri's son, who is 16 and those stories back up entirely what is written there.
It's a fine line. Should we be liberal or puritan?

Regarding to Argentina, alcohol is not such a big problem as it is in others places in the world (germans, british, even spaniards drink way too more than argentines), and we also dont have a big problem with drugs, although this is changing fast, the Paco which was the main problem it seems to be more controlled lately, marihuana it is common as everywhere I guess, cocaine, its for a very tiny circle here, you dont have a big market, its not as popular as in the US, heroine, etc, we almost dont have it here, like you have it in Nordic countries, so Argentina, despite of changing its status of "pais de paso" to "pais de llegada/consumo" about drugs, its smaller than other parts.

I disagree about alcohol.
It's an increasing problem in this country, particularly amongst the young.
Not just the kids either. A few years ago I never saw drunks in the street, but now it's commonplace.

It's strange, because most of our friends and family are not drinkers in the sense that I understand it.

Purely anecdotal, but I agree that alcohol abuse is a serious problem, especially among young Argentines. I would say the same is true in Chile, even if official figures may not be quite so alarming.

Back