Chilli cookoff...recipies?

r3dwyn

Registered
Hi all,

If you were at the famous BA Chilli cook-off on the weekend you would have tasted some amazing recipes. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I now have a severe hankering for some good home made chilli....anyone out there got a good recipe???

A recipe for chilli? Not too difficult.

Onions, garlic, minced beef, cubes of marbled beef, tomato purée, tomato juice, tomatoes, oregano, basil, cumin, turmeric, smoked paprika, chilli powder (Good luck finding spicy stuff!), balance all of the above to taste the way you want, thicken and then once a wooden spoon can stand upright in the centre of the pot crack in an egg of two and mix and remove from heat.

Once you've mastered the above, you might want to branch out into having some experimental fun such as fruitier or darker chillies.

Adding peppers, sweetcorn or freshly squeezed orange juice (Perhaps topped with lime zest if you can find it) can lead to some sumptuous light chilli for a light lunch or to go with a salad.

Adding coffee and dark chocolate (A little goes a long way with the chocolate) with Worcestershire sauce (Salsa Inglis) can make a sexy deep chilli best eaten with an inky malbec.

Once you've mastered the base chilli, you're set for life really.

As for beans, you can have a lot of fun mixing and matching your chilli to them if you wish, I prefer not to have beans with mine generally. Hope this helps.

Back