Chinese/asian Food

Vwang777

Registered
Hello again! I was wondering, how common or easy is it to find Chinese food or Asian food in general in BA? As a Chinese student, I'm going to miss my comfort food a lot. Also, how is the food in Chinatown? Is it authentic?

It is fairly common to find Chinese food here in BA. Whether you will think it is "authentic" will be up to debate. There was a thread awhile back and I believe it was determined that there were only a couple of restaurants here that would be considered authentic Chinese. The others will probably be a watered down version to what you are accustomed.

Good luck and welcome to BA in advance!

GS

And not forgetting the authentic make up, which looks like it's been slapped on with a shovel most days and probably needs to be.

Son, the only authentic thing you will ever find this whole country are Cristina's boobs, maybe.

I beg to differ they're real...

Regarding Asian food...yes, it exists. Barrio Chino has some decent restaurants (Hong Kong Style is great!). But my general feeling is that most dishes you order are going to be close...but are usually going to come up short. Personally, I've resorted to learning how to cook my favorite Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Indian and Pakistani dishes. I'm a good cook and these flavors have been a bit tricky for me to learn, but at least you can find most of the ingredients in Barrio Chino.

If you look for Chinese food around the city, most of the places in residential areas are pretty nasty, but cheap as compared to the Recoleta/Palermo spots. For me it's been hit and miss, even in Bario Chino... emphasis on the miss though. If you don't like surprises, there is the homogenized PFChangs in San Isidro.

Chinese dishes for the proletariat are easy to make. I do cook for this lumpen every day and the Chinese dishes are much easier to cook than the Japanese or the French cuisines which are preparation intensive. Here are one fast platter to make, a few minutes at the Wok or frying pan. You guys to be aware when eating in LatAm Chinese restaurants, are the continuous pouring of the fatal Monosodium Glutamete, ( MSG _ used extensibly to sort of adding that "Flavour" that western comes to love! I never use that stuff in order to enhance the taste..
All natural always..

shrimplomein.jpg

I beg to differ they're real...

Regarding Asian food...yes, it exists. Barrio Chino has some decent restaurants (Hong Kong Style is great!). But my general feeling is that most dishes you order are going to be close...but are usually going to come up short. Personally, I've resorted to learning how to cook my favorite Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Indian and Pakistani dishes. I'm a good cook and these flavors have been a bit tricky for me to learn, but at least you can find most of the ingredients in Barrio Chino.

So you are a good cook ? Then it will make 2 of us perhaps. Possible to learn some cooking your style? I wanting to keep polishing my cooking skill for my never ending pursuit for culinary perfection!

There is a pretty authentic Korean restaurant in Once, I forget the name. You can find it through a search ...not sure about Chinese, but I doubt it. There weren't any authentic Chinese restaurants even in the US until recently.

Back