Chinese New Years

20sTravel

Registered
Hey Guys!

So Chinese New Years is on Monday. Does anyone know if there's anything going on in the city for that, maybe in Chinatown?

Steph

I think there is some sort of celebration on Sunday in Barrio Chino, not sure exactly what though, maybe a parade.

There are celebrations on Saturday and Sunday, both days starting at 10 am at Barrio Chino, Barrancas de Belgrano, and plaza Glorieta. There will be a parade, food stands, dance and much more ;)

Hey Belgrano People, what's the situation? Are they REALLY putting up Chinese food stands? Sin nen fai lok! guo nian hao!

Lee said:
We went last year and it was horrible...and by that I mean so many people that it was impossible to even move. The area is so tiny that when you pack that many sweaty people together it was just gross. Impossible to get into a restaurant...to shop...and we just left quickly.

It was terribly crowded last year. This year they moved it into the park. Matter of fact they pretty much have taken over the park. I was there this morning as they were setting up. It should be a lot nicer since most of the stands are under the shade of the trees.

Back