Chinese Trains Help To Resume The Link Between Cordoba/bsas

garryl

Registered
New Chinese trains helped to resume the train ride between Cordoba and BsAs.
BsAs to Rosario line is almost done.

The new trains between Cordoba and BsAs are said to have intelligent suspension systems, AC, dinning, TV and nicer seats.
The price of train is supposed to be much lower than planes and more comfortable than bus.

1_2015031016563517fHh.jpg

1_201503101659161y5ys.jpg

The rail and signal stations are not done yet, they let trains run anyway, which is crazy.
They run it slowly without proper communication, and the curves are too small for the new trains.

mental

Was there actually a break in service? I have ridden the BA to Cordoba train run by Ferrocentral several times over the past decade. My understanding is that Ferrocentral, a private company, was taken over by the government. Seems they have acquired new equipment from China. Service was not bad under Ferrocentral. The sleeper was always overheated but clean and fairly comfortable, staff friendly, dining car depressing and food bad though. The train under Ferrocentral was also slow. Trains on this line ran about twice the speed in the 1930s, in 1938 under ten hours: http://www.infobae.com/2015/03/12/1715356-el-nuevo-tren-cordoba-tarda-mas-del-doble-que-1938
Service won't be faster until the track is upgraded. Ironically restoration of the railways was a major theme of the Nestor Kirchner regime but nothing came of it other than an absurd proposal to build a bullet train.

Was there actually a break in service? I have ridden the BA to Cordoba train run by Ferrocentral several times over the past decade. My understanding is that Ferrocentral, a private company, was taken over by the government. Seems they have acquired new equipment from China. Service was not bad under Ferrocentral. The sleeper was always overheated but clean and fairly comfortable, staff friendly, dining car depressing and food bad though. The train under Ferrocentral was also slow. Trains on this line ran about twice the speed in the 1930s, in 1938 under ten hours: http://www.infobae.c...-doble-que-1938
Service won't be faster until the track is upgraded. Ironically restoration of the railways was a major theme of the Nestor Kirchner regime but nothing came of it other than an absurd proposal to build a bullet train.
I think it has been taken over by the gov. China upgraded the tracks quickly when they put the new trains. Here track upgrading is a slow job, they got the trains fast. The Chinese engineers said the communication has to be upgraded too.

Back