Christmas & NYE in BA - What to do? Anyone want to join forces?

Globetrooper

Registered
Hi everyone,

I'm living in BA for a month until early January with my partner, and wondering what the go is here for Christmas and New Years.

It would be great to be a part of something that shows the Argentine way of celebrating Christmas.. even if it's not that different to where I'm from, Australia.

Are there any other expats who are looking for the same? Or at least want to meet up with others to have a little cheery fun?

Also no plans for New Year's Eve... I'm sure there are a ton of events on, just haven't come across them yet. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Lauren

One of the main issues is the lack of public transportation from 9pm to 9am. You need to be pragmatic. A good option would be to go to a restaurant with dinner and show, dancing after midnight.

Also, will be fireworks in Puerto Madero. I find unconvenient to go there from Palermo.

I went to Museo Evita Restaurant. They offer a full menu, with appetizers, three main dishes, table of desserts, wine, champagne, DJ, etc, by ARS$350 for 31 December. The place has a good vibe and people stayed dancing up to 6am last year. Can anyone search for somewhere else around Palermo? Let me know if you want me to make a reservation at Museo Evita. The place is two blocks from Plaza Italia.

i am interested in finding something to do for christmas since i wont be with any family this year. i would definitely be interested in meeting up with people.

As has been said, it will be impossible to find or prearrange a taxi or remise. If by chance you are able to get to someplace, you won't be able to get back to where you're staying. Check out options within walking distance of where you're staying. Another idea would be to spend the night at a hotel that is close to where you want to party.

i'm up for doing something new years eve. keep me posted of any plans.

I passed by Garbis today (Villa Crespo) and they also offer a special menu for xmas and new year's eve. I bought some of their specialties today at their deli shop and they were great quality, I guess their dishes at the restaurant are also great. You can take a look at their menu on:
http://www.garbis.com.ar/restaurante/home.htm
I can't remember how much they were charging for their special menus for the festivities, but it could be a great alternative to traditional Argentinian restaurants.

The Couchsurfing community have 40+ people meeting up in Plaza Armenia for Christmas Eve which I've just joined. Anyone else welcome!

There's also another meetup in Mujeres Argentinas square (Puerto Madero) but the other is more convenient for me.

There are also talks on there for NYE.

Cheers

Globetrooper said:
The Couchsurfing community have 40+ people meeting up in Plaza Armenia for Christmas Eve which I've just joined. Anyone else welcome!

There's also another meetup in Mujeres Argentinas square (Puerto Madero) but the other is more convenient for me.

There are also talks on there for NYE.

Cheers

I was about to post the exact same thing!! I´m so there! :D

Back