Christmas Stollen Cake?

Ldbenhoff

Registered
We're yearning for that German tradition of a stollen for the holidays. Anyone know where to get one? Or at the least, some marzipan!

there is a bakery on Entre Rios between Independencia and Chile or Mexico on the west side of the street that makes a different pan dulce....it is actually German stollenjust the way mt grandfather made it......full of nuts and fruits....I'ts expensive though.....about 150 pesos el kilo. I am in the process of making some( gathering and toasting the nuts, drying the candied fruits etc. The cost of the fruits, nuts, butter and the time involved explains the cost! Pan dulce here is generally crap! Bread with sugar and little more.

http://www.firenzesrl.com.ar/Pan-Dulce-Steinhauser.php

The old Steinhauser patisserie used to be THE place for the stuff. The company formally went under decades ago but some old ladies kept the tradition and recipes alive but harder to locate and enjoy. Last time I found a Steinhauser store ir was functioning on Av. Cabildo, in Belgrano.

There is a German bakery near me.Since they offer exotic things like Laugenbroetchen they probably offer Stollen too.If you want Iwill ask.They arein Florida outside the city but I could deliver one for you in the Pöïermo area if you are interested.Send me a pm if you or anyone else is interested.

Yes, please ask at the bakery near you. What's Christmas to a German without stollen? Thanks.

Iznogood, do you remember where on Cabildo you saw the Steinhauser store?

Iznogood, do you remember where on Cabildo you saw the Steinhauser store?

No clue, it was by accident and a few years ago. I guess it was somewhere between Cabildo 0 - 1500, no further than Juramento. Google has no data

Back