Cita Tango Festival. Cancelled?

Aztangogirl

Registered
Does anyone have any information on Cita? Or the present situation at local milongas. I have heard that if you have been in the city less than 14 days, you will not be admitted to a milonga, and certain passports from some countries will not be admitted at all. What do I believe?

There's are meeting today from 2 PM to 4 PM at El Nuevo Gricel of milonga organizadores, maestros and bailarines to discuss what the new policies will be. Also a health professional is going to be there. I'd wait until after that to see what they decide and then contact CITA directly. If you have time and aren't afraid of having contact, go to Gricel and see what you can learn and report back here.

There's are meeting today from 2 PM to 4 PM at El Nuevo Gricel of milonga organizadores, maestros and bailarines to discuss what the new policies will be. Also a health professional is going to be there. I'd wait until after that to see what they decide and then contact CITA directly. If you have time and aren't afraid of having contact, go to Gricel and see what you can learn and report back here.
Thank you. I am afraid that I don't speak or understand Spanish well enough to know what would be said. But I am glad the organizers are trying to get together and figure out what to do. This is peak milonga season and this could be devastating for the organizers. I don't go to Cita, but it is huge in the professional tango world.

Apparently a decision was made to close the milongas and tango schools for 15 days and then have another meeting. Not sure if that will include all milongas and all schools.

Back