Citibank Is Now Banelco

Jeff.Zorrilla

Registered
Hey I just tried to take money from a citibank cajero and it seems that all the citibank atms have turned into banelco which means that I can now only take out 4,000 pesos a day. Does anyone know what's happening? Are there any other citibank atms still functioning in the city? Is there some other way I can take out a larger amount of cash?

Last I heard Citibank was leaving Argentina. Did they change their mind?

T/

Citibank sold their consumer banking in Argentina to Santander. The Citibank ATM´s have been replaced here in the east with Banelco ATM's as well. That is really too bad. Those ATM's were a cheap way to get cash with Mastercard debit cards from the US ...

Citibank has sold their retail banking business in Argentina,Brazil and Colombia to Banco de Santander.
This sale was not sudden and Citibank customers like myself have been expecting it for months.
My USD account has not been effected but it is a real struggle with the Banelco ATMs.
For this reason I continue to withdraw USD from my dollar acc't and buy pesos in my usual "cueva".
More financial controls will probably be coming,I imagine.

Jeff.Zorilla:
No problem.I have been resident in BA since 1979 and have had a USD account at Citibank BA since the "infamous" Menem period or 1996.
No gov't has ever touched it.I did loose a few USD 100s in the "corralito".However,I withdrew the big bucks in time.
i replenish the acc't with USD 10K which i bring back on my person and declare every time I visit the US..

Hey I just tried to take money from a citibank cajero and it seems that all the citibank atms have turned into banelco which means that I can now only take out 4,000 pesos a day. Does anyone know what's happening? Are there any other citibank atms still functioning in the city? Is there some other way I can take out a larger amount of cash?

Citibank branches in BA always had 5 or 6 Banelco ATM's and one dedicated ATM for citibank customers No more Citibank client terminals ? Which Branch(es)?

Back