Citizenship beginning with digital nomad visa

colocho

Registered
I'm looking at Argentina residency options with the ultimate aim of gaining citizenship. Does anybody know if time spent with a digital nomad visa would count towards citizenship or permanent residency timeframes, or would it be more wise to begin with a different residency option?

If I understand correctly, the digital nomad visa will not grant temporary residency and it would not include a DNI. There is no path to permanent residency with a digital nomad visa as long as it is considered residency transitoria. Permanent residency can be requested on the third renewal of temporaryresidency.

The two years spent physically present in the country is what matters regarding citizenship, and according to what a lawyer has posted here, at least seven months of each of the two years are sufficient.

He also indicated that the nomad or any other visa granted by migraciones would not be essential when qualifying for citizenship, but having a DNI would enable applying for citizenship without a lawyer. A DNI based on student visa might be acceptabe when applying for citizenship without a lawyer, but that might not be the case with all (if any) of the judges.

Thank you for the interesting information. If this is the case, it doesn't seem like a bad idea to begin the journey with a 180 day digital nomad visa. This can be extended another 180 days, accruing time towards citizenship while gathering documentation for a temporary visa.

I've also heard of people arriving and immediately applying for citizenship, but I cannot find a clear summary of this scenario and when it is possible.

Does anybody know how these 2 years are counted, if only 7 months per year are necessary? For instance, is this 7 months from arbitrary date X to arbitrary date X then next calendar year, then another 7 months until date X the second calendar year?

Can you begin your application before the 2 year period finishes assuming they will have elapsed by the time it's appraised, or must it be submitted afterwards?

Are there any recommendations for immigration lawyers on this forum?

Thank you for the interesting information. If this is the case, it doesn't seem like a bad idea to begin the journey with a 180 day digital nomad visa. This can be extended another 180 days, accruing time towards citizenship while gathering documentation for a temporary visa.

I've also heard of people arriving and immediately applying for citizenship, but I cannot find a clear summary of this scenario and when it is possible.

Does anybody know how these 2 years are counted, if only 7 months per year are necessary? For instance, is this 7 months from arbitrary date X to arbitrary date X then next calendar year, then another 7 months until date X the second calendar year?

Can you begin your application before the 2 year period finishes assuming they will have elapsed by the time it's appraised, or must it be submitted afterwards?

I would only "follow" the direct recommendation of someone who was represented by a lawyer who actually won their case.

Here are some of my posts on the subject:

Thank you for the interesting information. If this is the case, it doesn't seem like a bad idea to begin the journey with a 180 day digital nomad visa. This can be extended another 180 days, accruing time towards citizenship while gathering documentation for a temporary visa

A digital nomad visa really isn't useful in this case.

An Argentine lawyer can file a citizenship case as soon after his client desires after he sets foot on Argentine soil for the first time.

The two years begin the day you set foot.on Argentine soil for the first time.
If "you" have a DNI at the time and have already passed the two year point in time, you should be able to apply for citizenship without a lawyer.

If you don't have a DNI, an Argentine lawyer can start the process on your behalf at any time, but it won't ever be possible for you to do so on your own.

Why isn't a digital nomad visa useful? Doesn't it grant you a regularized situation in the country without a tax burden on foreign source income?

I've read all the info in this forum and it's really not clear when someone would be able to apply immediately after setting foot in the country nor how this fits in with the supposed eligibility requirements.

Back