Citizenship timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob93

Registered
Hello,
What is the expected time needed to get the citizenship from the moment you arrive to the time you get naturalized?
and what is the best visa for a day trader to enter the country on for this case?
how to reach out to lawyers and how much can the one expect to pay in lawyer fees?

Thanks! I already went through them! I would like to know what would be the best visa for my case? I’m planning to stay in the country long term

You have to enter on a tourist visa regardless. So I would say tourist visa for entry.

I was thinking of a student visa or some kind of temporary resident visa!
if I enter with a tourist visa then its going to expire before the 1 year needed to apply for citizenship (I understand we can apply after one year ever through 2 years of residency is needed to get it) so i will be with no status during that time right?

If you are planing to stay long and go for citizenship, forget about visas. You can apply for citizenship as an inhabitant that is a second class (automatic) citizenship without political rights.
You need 2 years in Argentina to get citizenship. However, judges usually start the process then and you need extra 7/18 months.
However, you can apply before in order to get citizenship the same day you reach the 2 years (in theory). You can apply any time, the day after you arrive, but it cannot be grantes before the 2nd year.
Lawyer’s fees. Immigration: do it yourself or don’t do it at all.
Citizenship: depending on who is your lawyer, it cost between 2000 up to 6500 usd if you do not have criminal records.

So is there a first class version where you get the full citizenship with the rights to vote? Are there any downsides to the second class citzenship other than political rights?
What happens when the tourist visa is expired 3 months down the road? Will I run into troubles with the police like getting arrested or deported?
Also that means I can't leave the country during the two years because I will be denied entry since I over stayed my visa right?

Where you from Jacob? From the states? If so, the police don't work the same here as they do there.

My gf stayed here for over year on a tourist visa by just jumping the border every 90 days. Some say it's a risk, but we never had one problem.

Where you from Jacob? From the states? If so, the police don't work the same here as they do there.

My gf stayed here for over year on a tourist visa by just jumping the border every 90 days. Some say it's a risk, but we never had one problem.

Pre quarantine I did this 3 times and I wasn't asked anything unusual when coming back in (apart from the usual stuff about what you're doing in Arg and your local address). I was tempted to try and get a rentista visa but having read a few posts on this forum (as well as experiences of other expats) it seems like it's not really worth the hassle. The only downsides so far of not having a DNI are that when it comes to renting a flat and sorting out banking/car leasing issues things can get a bit troublesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back