Citizenship

Alpinista, You may not know this, but it is still true none the less:

Most people pay a different price for the same exact automobile, optioned the same way. Car dealers takes sales on the same exact item at all different levels. Why is this? Simply because each customer has different negotiating ability and product knowledge. A lamb get slaughtered sun such a transaction while a tiger gets fair, or even generous treatment. The lamb knows nothing and pays dearly while the tiger exploits the system. Cash back, dealer incentives, financing, the correct time of the month, quarter or year to buy, understanding leasing vs out right purchase, money factors ... I could go on and on (I am not even sure how many of you out there would even grasp all this??? Some I guess???) Here is my point ... If you have experience and a comfort level negotiating you may very well drive a better bargain with an attorney of any vocation. Their price per hour or job is very fluid. They are not working from a hard and fast rate card. I can guarantee that. Having stated the previous. You need to get out there and interview attorneys of interest to you and start discussing compensation / cost for service. Only then, will you have a feel for what the market will support. Generally speaking a good attorney will be strong on their compensation because their time is mostly or always booked / bookable. And the opposite is also true ... free time or an abundance of it ... well ... supply and demand ... the rate can get low, but you get what you pay for ... the attorney has an awful lot of free time for a reason.
Thank you for your explanations. And to assure you: i didnt come to the Earth yesterday. I know pretty well that there is not a commodity price for a lawyers fee (as for an oil barrel). And i also understand that a lawyer might try to milk a millionaire more than some poor guy coming to the country on his last dime. (so its not all about negotiation).

But exactly because it is not a standardised product or service it would be helpful to have some kind of a reference point. (“I paid for this 1000 bucks last year”, or “a reasonable fee to me looks like between 1500 and 2500, depending on your case”, something like that). Some members here are weighing up the risks and chances of their options (staying on a tourist visa, permanent residency, citizenship etc). All I am saying is that it is for some members good to have a rough idea of the costs of these options.

That the star lawyer himself doesn't want to reveal his hand, thats fine. I understand that. And of course no one else is obliged to share his insight/information. I only made a comment that i found an answer very strange (“childish/foolish”), just because someone dared to ask the question. Thats all.

NB: if you follow ceviche’s advice and dont even dare to ask the fee (because that seems blashphemic), then thats pretty much the perfect template to get screwed

NB: if you follow ceviche’s advice and dont even dare to ask the fee (because that seems blashphemic), then thats pretty much the perfect template to get screwed

In ordinary circumstances, you should not follow anyone's advice and always practice due diligence. And in moderate circumstances, never follow a stranger's advice on a forum.

However, I am on this forum since 2010 and I have worked on this process myself with this lawyer and henceforth gave you advice. There are lot of bad citizenship lawyers too in this country, who will charge same as him or even more. So my advice was simply to pay the best without trying to negotiate, as u will get the best rep. possible, which money can buy and without leaving any loopholes in your case presentation to judge.Maybe my words upset you but I did really mean...At times..many of us are penny wise, pound foolish.

Thank you for your explanations. And to assure you: i didnt come to the Earth yesterday. I know pretty well that there is not a commodity price for a lawyers fee (as for an oil barrel). And i also understand that a lawyer might try to milk a millionaire more than some poor guy coming to the country on his last dime. (so its not all about negotiation).

But exactly because it is not a standardised product or service it would be helpful to have some kind of a reference point. (“I paid for this 1000 bucks last year”, or “a reasonable fee to me looks like between 1500 and 2500, depending on your case”, something like that). Some members here are weighing up the risks and chances of their options (staying on a tourist visa, permanent residency, citizenship etc). All I am saying is that it is for some members good to have a rough idea of the costs of these options.

That the star lawyer himself doesn't want to reveal his hand, thats fine. I understand that. And of course no one else is obliged to share his insight/information. I only made a comment that i found an answer very strange (“childish/foolish”), just because someone dared to ask the question. Thats all.

Dear Alpinista,

I am not taking you for an idiot. Actually the reverse, I am respectful of you. But given how much I know nothing about you or your abilities, I merely tried to provide you with some generic pricing / negotiating information. I have no clue what your skill sets are, what your strengths and weaknesses may be??? So please forgive me if I am not aligning myself with your point of view. I am trying! (I truly want to help you and anyone else who is here for that matter.) I wish you well and I hope you are wildly successful in all you do. My best to you! God bless.

Back