Citizenship

BeraRane

Registered
Have you been able to send the email? I still haven't heard from them.

Nope, I'm now questioning my decision to study programming if I can't manage to send an email!

I am moving to the province of Buenos Aires in September/October so I think I might hold off until I'm in the province and do it with the court there.

That reminds me of my question for the wider forum - has anyone applied for citizenship in the province of BA and how did it go if so?

Brian_is_here

Registered
Nope, I'm now questioning my decision to study programming if I can't manage to send an email!

I am moving to the province of Buenos Aires in September/October so I think I might hold off until I'm in the province and do it with the court there.

That reminds me of my question for the wider forum - has anyone applied for citizenship in the province of BA and how did it go if so?
My migraciones (PR) and citizenship were much easier in Entre Rios vs CABA.

Brian_is_here

Registered
T

Try sending the email from a different email address. Maybe their software flagged you to ban all senders.

Brian_is_here

Registered
Ya. I’d say it’s super duper easy. You just need to get a few things squared away:
  1. Be patient
  2. Be nice
  3. Have an Argentine spouse
  4. Have kids who were born in Argentina
  5. Be white/male (probably helps a lot) (let’s be honest just in general)
  6. Have money and the ability to have all the things apostilled/translated from your home country.
  7. Your Argentine spouse is familiar with immigration and citizenship law
  8. Your Argentine spouse is a lawyer registered in the province you filed in
  9. Your Argentine spouse takes no shit from nameless bureaucrats.
  10. Speak a modicum of rioplatense
If you just have these 10 things, anyone can do it.

El manolo

Registered
Ya. I’d say it’s super duper easy. You just need to get a few things squared away:
  1. Be patient
  2. Be nice
  3. Have an Argentine spouse
  4. Have kids who were born in Argentina
  5. Be white/male (probably helps a lot) (let’s be honest just in general)
  6. Have money and the ability to have all the things apostilled/translated from your home country.
  7. Your Argentine spouse is familiar with immigration and citizenship law
  8. Your Argentine spouse is a lawyer registered in the province you filed in
  9. Your Argentine spouse takes no shit from nameless bureaucrats.
  10. Speak a modicum of rioplatense
If you just have these 10 things, anyone can do it.
Congratulations!

Darn it! Point 5 hurts :)
Well, I will apply as a black man; if ever I get denied, I will do a "Michael Jackson". Jesus turned water into wine, and Michael Jackson black into white. I have an Argentine child though and I can afford a lawyer.
But I am a lawyer back home and I love working with papers, procedures and stuff. I'll give it a try first.

Brian_is_here

Registered
Congratulations!

Darn it! Point 5 hurts :)
Well, I will apply as a black man; if ever I get denied, I will do a "Michael Jackson". Jesus turned water into wine, and Michael Jackson black into white. I have an Argentine child though and I can afford a lawyer.
But I am a lawyer back home and I love working with papers, procedures and stuff. I'll give it a try first.
I have faith in you! It’s honestly not too complicated. My wife got super upset when she heard them refer to me as "eso yanquii" and then got at them a while. After that... well, service was better.

El manolo

Registered
I have faith in you! It’s honestly not too complicated. My wife got super upset when she heard them refer to me as "eso yanquii" and then got at them a while. After that... well, service was better.
Congratulations again!
Sometimes, Argentina can be very hard; I will keep you all posted throughout my process. I emailed the Court two times: 4 and 2 weeks ago requesting an appointment to drop off my documents and start the process, until now, nothing. No appointment.

What a good way to start!