City walks

pompeygazza

Registered
Hi is anyone interested in sharing walks around the city? I'm male, in my 50s and have been here for 2 weeks. I really want to get out and explore more but it's more fun with other people.
Gary

You should try to come and check out La Viruta in Palermo Soho area ( Cordoba/ Armenia) for tango lesson. Otros Aires Band are playing tomorrow night. This is our second year to visit BA for tango lessons/ Milongas!!! See you tomorrow and you will meet a lot of people there Im sure!!

Hi there. If you are still game for exploring the city at the end of thre month then I am too.
I expect toy will have found some really cool stuff by then. So where did PompeyGazza come from?

Pompey and Marche......count me in....and Marche.......great opportunity for you to know the city before you decide where to settle down. What kinds ot things do the two of you like to explore? and what time of the day do you like walking? Remember it will soon start to be NASTY cold!

James & Marche - how about organising something? I fancy a trip down to San Telmo but am open to suggestions. I live near Chile/Entre Rios. Let me know what you think...

James and Gazza. God you to have just started to make this move sound a bit more like fun. Oh no do I sound like I'm going to be a stalker! Don't worry I'm not :)
Well I'm game for anything with your clothes on. Don't forget I'm not there until the end of this month (April), so you two will have found the best places. As for the weather Im going from one winter into another, bad planning me thinks. We had some serious snow this year.
James.... I might just bite the bullet and go and stay in San telmo for a month before we settle to see what its really like. I had some more positive posts this morning re the move so I'm going to give it a go. I come from London so can't imagine why I'm worried.
So boys, have fun and keep me informed on what you found.

Hi Marche. When you get here send me an email [email protected] and we'll sort something out. And you're from London too! Well actually I'm from Crawley but I usually keep that to myself lol. I'm glad you feel positive about coming here. You read so many scary stories about this place and for sure yes you have to be careful where you go and at what time, but so far (touch wood!) I only have positive things to say about these wonderful people who are so kind and generous. Yesterday I was invited for asados with a family. Not only did they feed me until I was close to bursting but they gave me a lift to and from my home, plied me with wine and whisky, then gave me 2 bottles of wine and a Cuban cigar as gifts! If there's any way I can help at all with your move here please just ask (although I've only been here 3 weeks myself!)

James, if you want to meet up beforehand let me know.

Looking forward to this :)
Gary

Marche and Pompey.....One [MUST SEE[ is a closed school on San Juan and Boedo more or less. I get the feeling that it was once a special education school. It is closed now but the garden keeps growing.....I would love to know more about it and possibly bring it back to life with the help of the neighbourhood kids.....or we could go to Carolina Herarra Couture and SHOP!!!!!!! Marche.....BARGIN ANTIQUE SHOPPES!! and a stop to a supermercado for some fine steelwool! By the way others are welcome!

Back