Ciudadania Argentina Question

la_guachita

Registered
I Have two questions about getting citizenship without going through migrations. Hoping Bajocero or someone else knowledgeable will chime in. The following is from the offical info page from the national government.

[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)]Requisitos para Obtener la Ciudadanía Argentina[/background]
Requisitos[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)]:[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Ser mayor de dieciocho años.[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Tener dos años de residencia ininterrumpida y documentada en el país, certificada por la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones.[/background]

Documentación Exigida[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)]:[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Partida de nacimiento legalizada por el consulado argentino en el país de origen.[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Fotocopia de D.N.I., cédula, pasaporte.[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Certificado de domicilio original.[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Justificación de medios de vida: contrato de trabajo, certificado de trabajo actual o recibo de sueldo. En caso de ser autónomo, fotocopia de comprobante de aportes.[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Si tiene hijos argentinos, acompañar fotocopia de las partidas de nacimiento y certificado de Migraciones.[/background]

-How do you certify the two years of residencia ininterrumpida without having obtained residency previously? This can be proved by passport stamps, but is going to immigration necessary to get it documentada/certificada? Isn't it a problem to go to migraciones and thus advertise that one is 'irregular' ?

- Is there a specific amount that one must earn for the justificación de medios de vida ?

-Went to the juzgado en Patagonia and they said one first had to tramitar for residency and get a DNI to get citizenship. Were they just unaware that one could petition directly for citizenship? A lawyer I spoke with also talked about going that route when I asked about getting citizenship directly -- is this just because it generates more money for them?

Thanks very much! :)

I Have two questions about getting citizenship without going through migrations. Hoping Bajocero or someone else knowledgeable will chime in. The following is from the offical info page from the national government.

[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)]Requisitos para Obtener la Ciudadanía Argentina[/background]
Requisitos[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)]:[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Ser mayor de dieciocho años.[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Tener dos años de residencia ininterrumpida y documentada en el país, certificada por la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones.[/background]

Documentación Exigida[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)]:[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Partida de nacimiento legalizada por el consulado argentino en el país de origen.[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Fotocopia de D.N.I., cédula, pasaporte.[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Certificado de domicilio original.[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Justificación de medios de vida: contrato de trabajo, certificado de trabajo actual o recibo de sueldo. En caso de ser autónomo, fotocopia de comprobante de aportes.[/background]
[background=rgb(86, 147, 184)] • Si tiene hijos argentinos, acompañar fotocopia de las partidas de nacimiento y certificado de Migraciones.[/background]

-How do you certify the two years of residencia ininterrumpida without having obtained residency previously? This can be proved by passport stamps, but is going to immigration necessary to get it documentada/certificada? Isn't it a problem to go to migraciones and thus advertise that one is 'irregular' ?

- Is there a specific amount that one must earn for the justificación de medios de vida ?

-Went to the juzgado en Patagonia and they said one first had to tramitar for residency and get a DNI to get citizenship. Were they just unaware that one could petition directly for citizenship? A lawyer I spoke with also talked about going that route when I asked about getting citizenship directly -- is this just because it generates more money for them?

Thanks very much! :)

You can apply for citizenship without a DNI but you will need a good lawyer who has experience with the courts for this process.

You don't have to go to migraciones. The federal court will look at the date you first entered Argentina and they will contact migraciones if they want more information. Apparently, you do not have to have been in the country for two years without leaving and you can start the process one year after your first entry.

There is no specified amount for the medios de vida and it doesn't even have to be en blanco.

Search for the thread: Argentine Citizenship for Foreigners for more information.

Hello I read that thread, thank you. Just trying to do it solo with help of knowledgeable local friends, including a lawyer, and some legwork.

Did you go through the process? It seem somewhat straighforward though we all know that is never the case. Why do you say a lawyer is necessary?

la_gauchita, I don't know if you read the thread where i had posted my experience but in my case it WAS straight forward. I did have an attorney and legal residency--just commenting that it was very straight forward. Everything happened as it should, no delays, and if my memory serves me it was complete in 10 months and 12 days from first filing.

I hope it goes that way for you. I hope you keep us informed. I had a lawyer mostly because my Spanish--especially when I started the process--was not up to doing it myself. I have heard a lot of complaints about the citizenship process, but I surely don't have any. Some here on the forum were so encouraging when I worried about it. But all is well.

Where is that Court?

I would like to save the requirements for my collection.

Citizenship is a topic that only recently began to be study at university and that s why nobody has idea how to do it straight forward without dni, trabajo en blanco and so on. Specially at Courts.

The certification of migraciones is abolished. However it can be done. You apply for fecha de entrada y movimientos migratorios. It cost about 70 pesos per year.

They accept passport, good for you.

You should go and talk.

Regards

There is not an ammount (that belongs to an abolished decree) it just matter that the way of living is honest.

Thank you all, including Bajo Cero. I was in the capital of Chubut when they told me that it was not possible. I'll go and talk to them mañana. Are you saying the fecha de entrada and movemiento migratorios is not necessary but may help?

Honestly I'm the worst at tramites and would prefer to pay you and recommend others do the same if they like to enjoy life instead of doing tramites, but I'm unable at this time so figured I'd give it a go. Cheers!

mmmmmmmmm, I just applied for 2 cases without legal entry at Rawson last week.
I have to go there in 3 weeks. Send me a PM.

la_gauchita, I don't know if you read the thread where i had posted my experience but in my case it WAS straight forward. I did have an attorney and legal residency--just commenting that it was very straight forward. Everything happened as it should, no delays, and if my memory serves me it was complete in 10 months and 12 days from first filing.

if you don't mind me asking, how much did the entire thing (lawyer included?) And what year was that (i.e. what was the peso/dollar rate at the time)

Back