Clarification On Reciprocal Entry Fee

polostar88

Registered
I have a receipt on my passport from summer 2010. It says it will expire in 2020. This is sufficient to satisfy the reciprocal fee requirement, right? Also, will the airline understand this or will I have to call ahead and make waves.

Thanks guys, sorry for a question you must have heard before, I just want to make sure.

I have a receipt on my passport from summer 2010. It says it will expire in 2020. This is sufficient to satisfy the reciprocal fee requirement, right? Also, will the airline understand this or will I have to call ahead and make waves.

Thanks guys, sorry for a question you must have heard before, I just want to make sure.
you are good to go, no worries.

1) You are good.

2) There's plenty to worry about. You should arrive early, because most airline employees are either Not Properly Trained and/or Imbeciles!

Especially if you are cutting it close. You may need to go to the First Class check-in area to find an employee who doesn't have their head planted firmly up their ass. (I know this from experience.)

1) You are good.

2) There's plenty to worry about. You should arrive early, because most airline employees are either Not Properly Trained and/or Imbeciles!

Especially if you are cutting it close. You may need to go to the First Class check-in area to find an employee who doesn't have their head planted firmly up their ass. (I know this from experience.)

Right will do...also I forgot to mention, it's on an expired passport (that I still have). I had to renew my passport since then. Still should work, right? At least that's how most visas work...

Thanks!

Right will do...also I forgot to mention, it's on an expired passport (that I still have). I had to renew my passport since then. Still should work, right? At least that's how most visas work...

Thanks!

Yes you just need to travel with both passports and show the page in your passport to the airline employee, it lasts 10 years and not the life of the passport.

Thanks!

Yes, it should work. And if you find the right employee, it WILL work.

But the likelihood that the first employee you encounter is the "right employee" is about 1%. This will take some 'splaining.

I stood in front of a girl (American Airlines) who called her boss and her boss didn't know what to tell her. I asked to speak with him and she told him that I wanted to speak with him and then she told me "He doesn't want to speak with you." And this was a BOSS who had no clue.

Do NOT expect clear sailing. But if you have both passports, that's all you need.

Thanks!

Yes, that's it. I continue to use my expired passport to prove I've paid the retaliation fee.

Back